EM TuningSky Insurance

Thread: DPF PROBLEMS

Flat Out

Status

DPF PROBLEMS

DPF and engine management light have just come on my A3 S Line 170. Have run for 15 mins @2000rpm as manual suggests. Cant work out why it has come on as the last 3 journeys the car has done have been 380, 210 and 120 miles. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can now do please? Car has done 39000 miles.
    Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    It could be a faulty sensor, my old 2007 leon 170 had this and is very common. Cost around £100 but mine was under warranty. The only way to diagnose is plugging it in to get fault codes by a dealer or other I am affraid.
    On another note I always used millers diesel fuel additive (called "diesel power eco max" now)in mine and it regenerated alot less

1st Gear

Status
    There is another alternative...

You could get the DPF removed

You'll never have this issues again..
    2006 Audi A3 (8P)
    Spec - 2.0 TDI l DSG l Sprint Blue l Leather Interior l 18" RS6's | H&Rs | S3 Front | 6k Bi-Xenons | EMTuning DPF Delete Package
    Plans - BBS

Flat Out

Status
    Thanks for the reply's lads. Have had it sorted today at AMD Technik in Essex. Well good blokes there and did not have me over. It was the sensor that Johnbev mentioned. They did tell me that the dpf is coming into mot's come October and anyone who has had it removed will have big problems passing an mot, unless that is you know a dodgy tester.