***STOLEN*** BLACK AUDI S3 8P STOLEN FROM - NORWOOD GREEN, WEST LONDON! GU07 WDJ.

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
My friend has just called me about his friends car which got stolen last night. It was stolen from the Norwood Green area in West London.

Car: Audi S3 8P 3 door
Reg: GU07 WDJ
Colour: Black
The car is standard no mods

As you know there was another one stolen last week which has also been posted up on here. Like i mentioned before, please look after your keys and hide them safely. Looks like the Audi thefts up North are taking a little trip down here!

If anyone has any info please PM me.

Thank you

Ajay

Ah, I wouldn't advise hiding your keys. Put them out in the hall in plain view.

If a burglar/ thief wants your car, he WILL get it if that means beating the crap out of you, threatening your kids/wife etc...

Not worth the danger for the sake of a car. I love my car and would be devastated if it was stolen but I love my gf more and would rather a theif find the keys than coming into our bedroom looking for them.

That's what insurance is for.

If a burglar/ thief wants your car, he WILL get it if that means beating the crap out of you, threatening your kids/wife etc...

Not worth the danger for the sake of a car. I love my car and would be devastated if it was stolen but I love my gf more and would rather a theif find the keys than coming into our bedroom looking for them.

I wouldn't advise keeping them on view either! There are alot of cars stolen by sneaking in the front door or using the letter box to hook them particulary in the evening. We always lock the front door behind us during the day but admittedly this is hard to do with a 10 year old who's in and out all the time.

Last edited:
Looks like the S3 theft season in London has started.

Scumbags.

Important thing no one got hurt.

I wouldn't I advise keeping them on view either! There are alot of cars stolen by sneaking in the front door or using the letter box to hook them particulary in the evening. We always lock the front door behind us during the day but admittedly this is hard to do with a 10 year old who's in and out all the time.

During the day when the doors are unlocked as you say for people coming and going I choose to leave my keys behind 2 Big hungry german shepherds this usually does the trick then at night there's more bolts, locks, alarm sensors etc than you can shake a stick at, even got ground anchors cemented a meter down just to make sure. It's sadly the only way.

I agree with this its not worth it for the normal guy on the street, a guy in my home town was stabbed in the neck on Boxing Day for a ****box RAV4!

Having grown up in a rough town I keep a maglite under the bed and the last time some one had broken into the house I am glad I do, I laced the clown up and down with said maglite and was arrested but released without charge as it was me Vs him and they would have never secured a prosecution and would have had to explain how he was in my house to have been given said beating.

I've spoken to the owner and this is what happened................

CCTV on their house shows the theft at 4am this morning. 2 guys broke into the rear of the house downstairs and managed to find the keys. Both theives had hoods on and gloves on so you can't see their faces. 1 guy got into the car, put the handbrake down, and the other guy pushed it out of the drive. They've pushed it a little down the road and then started it to shoot off.

At 5am the police called their house asking for the owner of the vehicle in regards to a stolen S3. They look out of the window and realise the car was gone off the drive. The police knew about it as they were involved in a high speed chase with the car in the Fulham area but they unfortunately lost the car.

So the last thing we know is the car was in the Fulham area. Please keep an eye out fellow Audi owners. The owner said he appreciates the help from yourslves on ASN.

Ajay

Get him to youtube the video, you never know someone may have seen these scum on their local high street. You don't need a face to ID someone, build, postured, clothes, mannerism or even the way someone walks gives them away.

During the day when the doors are unlocked as you say for people coming and going I choose to leave my keys behind 2 Big hungry german shepherds this usually does the trick then at night there's more bolts, locks, alarm sensors etc than you can shake a stick at, even got ground anchors cemented a meter down just to make sure. It's sadly the only way.

Your not from wolverhampton are you mate? Theres one in compton just like yours with a big ground anchor!

I don't mean keeping them view for people to see from outside the window. I mean like on the hall table or something.

No bother mate but I wouldn't even leave them there, as a fishing rod through the letterbox is a favourite. But this is probably an opertunists method and i would imagine the likes of s3's and similar are specifically targeted......or so I'm told anyway!;)

Last edited:
Hi dj, I am the other member that had their car stolen last weekend please send my regards to your friend for me. I know what he is going through and the fact is no matter what anyone says it won't change the way you feel. If his car has been taken by the same people that took mine chances are they won't find it. He must now look at it as he is now gonna get a new car ( providing he got insurance!! ). The insurance company don't mess about we are looking at being paid out this week, so it ain't all bad. Tell you what it has defently opened my eyes to how unsecure our house was. We got some big gates fitted now and got a burglar alarm and are currently looking at german Shepard and rottweiller puppies.

Sorry to hear this again. it does seem like londons Audi's are under attack.

Good luck.

Do you think it could be the same people????

I just ordered a Tracker not taking any chances now.

Bigcheese - I will do mate, sorry to hear about yours. I deal with these things everyday, i work for Tracker in the Control Room so i work alongside police forces to track stolen cars. It's really crap when thefts happen, especially when you know the person aswell!

S3 Baby - What Tracker did you go for?

If anyone has any questions about Tracker please do not hesitate to PM me. I'm always here to answer questions!

Thanks for your help and concerns guys.

Ajay

sorry to hear about the theft buddy.

I was recently told that trackers are useless. apparently you can buy a device that cancels the signal on radio transmitting ones and if you put a sheet of lead over your roof it cancels the signal to a satellite one. If you do fit a tracker id suggest hiding it somewhere as unique as possible.

on the subject of thieving bas*ards, I always take my keys to bed, if someone wants my car they can fight me for it. Leaving your keys out is asking for it to be taken. In my opinion the people that break into houses would not come into your bedroom looking for the keys, too much at risk there. risk of a beating, or worse, risk of being caught and nicked by police, too much risk for a car. they are looking for a quick grab of some keys without any trouble.

If they wanted your car bad enough to take big risks, they would just wait and grab you in the morning and take your keys off you and drive away if they were the sort that carried weapons and wanted it that bad.

well first tell your friend im sorry to hear of yet another S3 getting nicked its a bad problem at the mo S3's being a prime target its sad as we spend alot of money on cars standard or modifed and most work very hard to get a nice car and to have someone just take it like that is not very nice at all , and second good idea to leave your keys so they are easy to find so they dont have to disturb you/threaten you at all but do you think its a good idea to be advertising that fact over a public forum just a thought guys

pretty much every forum member commenting bar me and one other is stating leave your keys on show. How many thieves do you think scan these forums and get general locations of cars? 95% of guys here are saying leave your keys downstairs so you are not disturbed, the theives are probably young kids with no weapons and the only reason they take the chance of breaking in is because they know you are all leaving your keys downstairs on show!

Could not agree more, those suggesting it is better to leave your keys in view to avoid confrontation, well the thieves want confrontation as much as you do, why do you think they operate at night? Rarely is a thief going to break into your house and come upstairs for the keys, and if they do its up to you if you hand them over or put up a fight.

Thieves are opportunists and 99.9% of thefts posted on here are all as a result of owners not taking simple steps to make themselves as difficult as possible to target. leaving your keys on show when nobody is around is crazy. Garage the car if you can, lock all gates, windows, doors. use your house alarm at night, get CCTV, a dog, and a maglite for the bedroom, and take your keys to bed!

They will move on to another softer target

Last edited:
well, no ****er is taking my car lads.....

img0119zc.jpg

anyways sorry for your loss

Reactions: aky20
well first tell your friend im sorry to hear of yet another S3 getting nicked its a bad problem at the mo S3's being a prime target its sad as we spend alot of money on cars standard or modifed and most work very hard to get a nice car and to have someone just take it like that is not very nice at all , and second good idea to leave your keys so they are easy to find so they dont have to disturb you/threaten you at all but do you think its a good idea to be advertising that fact over a public forum just a thought guys

I dont think many of these scum of the earth people are going to check the forum to see who leaves keys about, and then there definitely not going to check where they live, unless there going to be (eg) looking over the whole of Manchester to find that S3 in the signiture picture lol :think:

Man that really sucks!

You can also get GSM Devices which ping and also use GPS positions and will shoot across to a server of your choice, or text's your mobile within range/reception. They aren't much and they work very well but obviously reception issues when in car parks and so forth but from where someone takes the car from a to b you will have a rough idea on what setting you have it pinging information to you at.

(same as tracker, except its a secondary option in line with it).

Just makes you feel like its not worth having a nice car these days.