Sline front and rear bumbers

Garythebong

Reaction score
Hi guys newbie to the forum please bear with me. I have just purchased a 2009 April a3 1.4 tfsi aport sportback in ibis White and was wondering if anyone help with with what I need tk change the front and rear bumpers to make them look like an sline. Any information would be much appreciated as I am clueless. I also need a rear spoiler to. Many thanks

For the front you will need an s-line front bumper plus fog lights.
For the rear your bumper doesn't need to be changed, but you will need to buy an s-line diffuser which replaces your standard one.

Front bumpers can be found on ebay, but the rear diffuser is going to be harder to find and you'll probably have to buy new from audi at a cost of £170-£180.

For the front you will need an s-line front bumper plus fog lights.
For the rear your bumper doesn't need to be changed, but you will need to buy an s-line diffuser which replaces your standard one.

Front bumpers can be found on ebay, but the rear diffuser is going to be harder to find and you'll probably have to buy new from audi at a cost of £170-£180.

the grey plastic bit that fits under the rear bumper? i bought mine for £84 from bristol audi last year

the grey plastic bit that fits under the rear bumper? i bought mine for £84 from bristol audi last year

Yep, that bit. £84 is for the diffuser, but then you need four pieces of the honeycomb trim that fits into it and they are £25 each, so that's another £100.

Yep, that bit. £84 is for the diffuser, but then you need four pieces of the honeycomb trim that fits into it and they are £25 each, so that's another £100.

wow! they never charged me for that. it came complete! dang i was lucky.

tbh £200 for a 2metre long piece of grey plastic is something i wouldnt pay. it was hard enough justifying £80

wow! they never charged me for that. it came complete! dang i was lucky.

tbh £200 for a 2metre long piece of grey plastic is something i wouldnt pay. it was hard enough justifying £80

That's a touch then mate! They must not have realised it was to be sold seperately. The standard boring diffuser that i've got is over £80 new from the dealers.

Stoke Audi on here are quoting about £170 complete, and that's about a tenner less than local dealers.
A member I was chatting to recently bought the trim alone from them and it cost him just over £100.

Im picking mine up tomorrow so will let you know if I get the whole lot or have to buy the honeycomb serperately too. I was told it was £82 odd including VAT for "Everything I`d need" but we shall see tomorrow.

Yeah the guy at audi showed me a print out of the whole lot, the bumper, diffuser and the inserts and towing eye cover but said £82 something Including VAT would be for everything I need.

Yeah the guy at audi showed me a print out of the whole lot, the bumper, diffuser and the inserts and towing eye cover but said £82 something Including VAT would be for everything I need.

Well see what turns up and if it's complete including inserts then take advantage of his mistake and set yourself up to sell them on at £130, giving you a £50 profit per unit. I would.

Let us know what you get mate.

Ya it was me! i bought the valance expensive in the first place for like 110......the nasty part is the trim inserts which came to £113

Aythree was spot on again.
Diffuser £82.65
Honey comb inserts £80 and a few pence, pick these up on Saturday so near enough £165.

Aythree was spot on again.
Diffuser £82.65
Honey comb inserts £80 and a few pence, pick these up on Saturday so near enough £165.

Ah mate, I thought you were going to get a deal there! Oh well, you've still paid a bit less than you could've for the inserts.
Its absolutely mental that they charge the same (or more) for the inserts than they do for the diffuser.

Ah mate, I thought you were going to get a deal there! Oh well, you've still paid a bit less than you could've for the inserts.
Its absolutely mental that they charge the same (or more) for the inserts than they do for the diffuser.

Thats what I thought too, are there any other iserts that could go in there then? I dont see why it doesnt come all together other than the whole money making scheme they have goin.

Thats what I thought too, are there any other iserts that could go in there then? I dont see why it doesnt come all together other than the whole money making scheme they have goin.

As the diffuser is at a low level and the inserts are set back in the diffuser its a pretty good set up to hide/disguise any imperfections of a trim that you knocked up yourself.

Maybe get something like this:

120mmfangrillhoneycomb.mnpctech.com1.jpg

...and stick over something like this:

acrylic-black%281%29%5Bekm%5D386x300%5Bekm%5D.jpg

...and then cut to size.

I reckon it'd still look a bit dodge city though. Plus the time and cost probably wouldn't make it worthwhile. But if you pulled it off well the satisfaction would be immense! :happy:

Yeah thats the one I saw. No inserts, and scratched on a visible face.
Whats the bidding at now???

As a side note: 3 door, cabriolet, and sportback diffusers are all the same so no need to hunt for one specifically for your number of doors.

Whats the bidding at now???

Just checked. Starting at £75, no bids. Not worth it.

Can't even give away sportback bumpers at the moment. I stuck one on ebay a few weeks ago, starting at 99p, didn't sell.
I'm gonna chop it up and stick it in the trash.

Can't even give away sportback bumpers at the moment. I stuck one on ebay a few weeks ago, starting at 99p, didn't sell.

LOL

im glad mine is done bro it sends me shivers everytime i look back and think i paid far to much!

LMFAO