coilover help please sos

FranA3

FMDETAILING
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
hey all ive had my v-maxx coilovers on for a little while now i love them even tho i had a few little probs with the to start with but thats all sorted now , but the thing i want to know now is on the front ive adjusted the front all the way down and ive just a guy with exactly the same coilovers as me ,he measure his car and his is a good 20mm lower than mine have i fitted them wrong ie is the standard bumpstops too big or something so its riding on them some people are saying something about helper springs but all i can see is the coil spring nowt else , where do i go form here cut the bumpstops down or just forget about it and stop worrying about it any help greatly thanked :sos:

I think I may have said before if you fitted the standard bump stops they'll prob be too long and the car will be riding on these rather than completely on the spring. I'd try chopping them down.

If you have helpers you'll have a small helper spring and big spring (people remove the smaller one for more lows). I only have one spring anyway on my JOMs though.

I think I may have said before if you fitted the standard bump stops they'll prob be too long and the car will be riding on these rather than completely on the spring. I'd try chopping them down.

If you have helpers you'll have a small helper spring and big spring (people remove the smaller one for more lows). I only have one spring anyway on my JOMs though.
thanks for the reply tim , well i think you may be right i had a poke around earlyer on and hey presto its running on the bumpstops or it looks that way anyway , i had a look on the v-maxx website and it says "built in bumpstops" so i dont need them in at all as far as im aware oops lol , no helper spring tho only the one big spring like you have , it might explain why it wont go down any more tho , oh well time to take it all apart again at least ive had loads of practise of taking it apart now tho eh lmao

You might find you can slide a small hack saw blade in between the spring and cut around the bumpstop (by turning it) to remove half of it. Save taking it all apart! If it is riding on the bumpstops it will be a heck of a lot more comfy when you finally run on the spring :)

You might find you can slide a small hack saw blade in between the spring and cut around the bumpstop (by turning it) to remove half of it. Save taking it all apart! If it is riding on the bumpstops it will be a heck of a lot more comfy when you finally run on the spring :)
will try that one bud , yeah i hope so its not too bad now as the audi ones must be soft rubber but got to be better on the actual spring hasnt it lol