Sky InsuranceBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Fuel/Air mix motor?

Hi Guys,

Wondered if any of you can help. I have an A3 2.0TDI and took the car in for a service over the weekend and also for them to have a look at the car as my emissions light has come on recently.

They had a look and said ti was a blown fuse. They changed this, but then the fuse blew again. They think it could be the fuel/air mix motor which is causing the fuse to blow, but it would require 'further investigation'

Anyone had this issue before? Audi quoted me just over £500 for the new motor!

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    When the fuse blows does the aircon fans stop working too? If so then it is quite common that the intake manifold flap is knackered, which is on the same circuit as the aircon fans.

In regards to sourcing a part i would be looking at trying a motor factors (Eurocarparts, GSF etc)
    2008 E92 BMW 335i M-sport
    1990 Golf GTi w/ a 20v heart BUILD THREAD
    Full VCDS

2006 A3 2.0T quattro S-line R.I.P. You will be missed.

** Breaking - 8L 1997 Audi A3 1.8T. **

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis583 View Post
    When the fuse blows does the aircon fans stop working too? If so then it is quite common that the intake manifold flap is knackered, which is on the same circuit as the aircon fans.

In regards to sourcing a part i would be looking at trying a motor factors (Eurocarparts, GSF etc)
    Nope, aircon works fine! To be fair, it doesnt seem like there is anything wrong with the car when the light is on. Drives fine, economy hasnt dropped... its just that stupid light!