Radio always comes on LOUD

PilotAudi

Reaction score
We have a new A3 BE with the Tech Pack with Sat Nav and Bose.

Everytime we turn off the ignition and restart in the morning the Radio comes on loud.

Does anyone know how to stop this....

Many thanks.. it's driving us mad!!

I think it turns on at the volume you last set it at so turn the volume down before you leave the car.

There might be a setting you can change though not 100%

I think it turns on at the volume you last set it at so turn the volume down before you leave the car.

There might be a setting you can change though not 100%

Thanks and Yes.. my question in a nutshell. 'Does anyone know what setting to change?'

Its a setting i think i saw on the headunit or tbrough vagcom. Basically it will come on at the volume its set to in start up. Mine is on volume 10, so every time it starts the volume starts at 10. Has nothing to do with rhe volume you switched it off at. Think its vagcom coding

Thanks navnay... The car is only 2 months old, surely there must be some adjustment on MMI but I can't find it!

Maybe try resetting the RNSE to factory setting via the setup button i think.

yeah as said its a setting so whenever you start the car or turn on the radio its at a set volume surely its user settable tho not a thing you have to take back to the dealer to do , have you had a look in the manual to see if it says anything in there about it , i know bmw's are user settable and merc's sure audi's should be as well hope you get it sorted mate

I have had a look in the manual and can't work out what the issue is. The old 2008 one never did it!!!

If your system is the same as mine then press menu and you should see vol-on. Press that and dial down. Failing that, try the other key. Again if its the same as mine each key will use the settings used when the setting where changed when that key was used. But as your car is newer than mine maybe not. Try asking the people over on vagoc.

Sorry DC

The BE and S3 and others with Tech pack are different. It was easy on the earlier models. The only volume adjustment appears to be Traffic and Sat Nag volumes.

Can any one help...?

Sorry Pilot - I am quite envious of your new car and hope you enjoy it but I'm also a bit puzzled !

I may have missed the point but if there is something you don't like and can't find a way to resolve, then why don't you just drive back to the garage and ask them to fix it ?

Hi Mike .. it's my wifes car and it is a lot of aggro going back to the Garage if there is a way to fix in my Garage at home I would prefer that option. There must be a way!!

It's a lovely car I get envious at times as it is the Best A3 8P we have had (probably the last!) but I prefer mine ;-0

Surely you can take it to any Audi dealer in the country, explain the problem you have just discovered, and ask them for their opinion and help?

Don't understand why you want to fix it in your own garage, although I do understand why you may not wish to return to the supplying dealer.

2-3 hours out of a busy schedule...... or 5 minutes at home in my garage..... simple really Mike.

If I can't get an answer to the issue on this Forum I will go back to supplying Dealer who has already offered to have it back.

yes but if you cant sort it at home then you will have to take it too audi as if you take it to a small garage and they start poking round they might void the warranty

What about giving an audi dealer a call and speaking to someone?