Dropped an allen key in engine bay

Just as I posted this I got a reply .... anyway, thoughts and input appreciated from the A3/S3 guys ...

You should be fine and eventually im guessing it should fall out. Just ensure it hasn't fallen into the radiator fan area or near the pulleys or anything.

I always found dropping something in the engine bay always ended up somewhere else rather than where i assumed it would fall.

If you do get a bit of time undo the under tray just to be sure and try find it.

You should be fine and eventually im guessing it should fall out. Just ensure it hasn't fallen into the radiator fan area or near the pulleys or anything.

I always found dropping something in the engine bay always ended up somewhere else rather than where i assumed it would fall.

If you do get a bit of time undo the under tray just to be sure and try find it.

Will do, thanks for the input mate.

Started the car and there's no unusual noises or anything like that. Will have to get the under tray off soon I think just to be certain.

What is the easiest way to get the under tray off? Jack the car up at one side?

Bang the under tray with your hand to see of theres a rattling or not first

yer good point shane, it will rattle around so you know if its sitting there. BTW where abouts did it drop from the top. Something similar happened to me with a bolt near the headlight area. It dropped through and ended up sitting in the wheel arch until i had the bumper off and found it. So its more than likely just hooked to something.

I was tightening up the left side bolts on the plastic air fliter box