Anyone running Toyo T1R's?

~RS~

Reaction score
Gonna need some tyres soon.... I have 1 x Toyo T1R on the rear of my car and love the appearance of it with the slight stretch look. Just wondering what they wear like as a set, what road noise is like and genral thoughts on them.

Also (if you catch this N8 :) ) Will I rub on 235/23/19 toyo's considering the stretch look to them?

cor mate running a ratio of 23 (if thats right) your gonna be feeling every single pebble you run over!

I'm not sure I would....the T1R is quite an old design now,and doesn't score awfully well in most of the tests against equivalents.

I have a set of R1Rs on mine right now,which I wouldn't recommend on a wet or cold road,but when hot,they're excellent.

If you have 19s,you should also look at the Michelin Supersports.

@ Paulo :) lol mate, 235/35/19 aren't much better still feel everything u drive over!! But yer I did mean 235/'35'/19.

Cheers for the input S3Alex, I suppose it was the look compared to my 3 other pilot sports. Not very fond of those at all. I will have a look at the super sports but doing a quick enquiry they sound kinda dear.

jb0o, just the type of person I wanted hear from... So you don't rate them at all? Sounds like I may have to look elsewhere, I think it's what they look like compared to the pilot sports I'm running that made me interested in them. Seem to have a stretched look to the sidewall even though it's also a 235/35/19.

W'Sup Nath, Yer the shoes are for 8.5's... I know you advise 225/215's for 'ZERO' rub but I as said above the sidewall on the T1R looks stretched hence the thought.

What are those falkens you run like mate? They are well priced, but what about ride/handling in wet etc.
BTW, I also like the 235's as they have a bit of rim protection going on ;)

Last edited:
Nah, I don't really rate them. Very high wear rate and abysmal handling in the wet.

I agree with N8, for the price you can't beat Falken tyres.

Saying that I'm running £40 Hero's on the rear and they're on 4mm and have been on the car for nearly 2 years now :)