Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    5th Gear

Status

Anyone running Toyo T1R's?

Gonna need some tyres soon.... I have 1 x Toyo T1R on the rear of my car and love the appearance of it with the slight stretch look. Just wondering what they wear like as a set, what road noise is like and genral thoughts on them.

Also (if you catch this N8 ) Will I rub on 235/23/19 toyo's considering the stretch look to them?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    cor mate running a ratio of 23 (if thats right) your gonna be feeling every single pebble you run over!
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

Rarely neutral

Status
    I'm not sure I would....the T1R is quite an old design now,and doesn't score awfully well in most of the tests against equivalents.

I have a set of R1Rs on mine right now,which I wouldn't recommend on a wet or cold road,but when hot,they're excellent.

If you have 19s,you should also look at the Michelin Supersports.

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    I'm running T1R's and I'm not a fan tbh. Nothing compared to my Continental Sport Contact 2's
    Audi A3 2.0TFSI S Line SE DSG

JMB Retrofits - North East Retrofit Company

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    PX4 is the replacement now, what size, and yes you don't want 235/35 - what are these goin on Rich 8.5s?

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

5th Gear

Status
    @ Paulo lol mate, 235/35/19 aren't much better still feel everything u drive over!! But yer I did mean 235/'35'/19.

Cheers for the input S3Alex, I suppose it was the look compared to my 3 other pilot sports. Not very fond of those at all. I will have a look at the super sports but doing a quick enquiry they sound kinda dear.

jb0o, just the type of person I wanted hear from... So you don't rate them at all? Sounds like I may have to look elsewhere, I think it's what they look like compared to the pilot sports I'm running that made me interested in them. Seem to have a stretched look to the sidewall even though it's also a 235/35/19.

W'Sup Nath, Yer the shoes are for 8.5's... I know you advise 225/215's for 'ZERO' rub but I as said above the sidewall on the T1R looks stretched hence the thought.

What are those falkens you run like mate? They are well priced, but what about ride/handling in wet etc.
    BTW, I also like the 235's as they have a bit of rim protection going on
    Last edited by ~RS~; 1st May 2011 at 21:11.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Falkens are just epic tyres for the price.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Nah, I don't really rate them. Very high wear rate and abysmal handling in the wet.

I agree with N8, for the price you can't beat Falken tyres.

Saying that I'm running £40 Hero's on the rear and they're on 4mm and have been on the car for nearly 2 years now
    Audi A3 2.0TFSI S Line SE DSG

JMB Retrofits - North East Retrofit Company