swapping 8p2 bi-xenons to 8p3 bi- xenons

Lewbo

Reaction score
as title says really am thinking of doing the 8p3 s3 facelift to my car i know what parts i need but was just wondering how much work is needed to get the led xenons to work, at the minute i have factory fit bi-xenons with drl is it a case of plug and play and a bit of coding or does it involve a little more than that thanks,

With yours its already being factory bi xenon it should be plug and play with coding, but then there's a chance that you will need a new module if yours isn't a K and you will then need to jig a few wires about which isnt that hard. The hard part is knowing what goes where...

Essentially though if your onboard power module aka central electric module is a K then it should be smooth sailing from what I know... NHN is your man here...

I have just found out that my central module is infect K is it a just a case of plug and play? Thanks

i have now decided to keep my car as buying a facelift s3 is costing alot more than i thought, so i have just purchased a full 2010 s3 front end with everything, what i wanted to know is would the headlights just been plug and play as i have said i already have bi-xenons and my central electrics is the K and i have vag com so would i be able to set these up with vag com with a bit of coding all help appreciated thanks

You just purchased a whole front end? :)
Good lad! Look forward to seeing progress pictures! Was it then breaking from ebay?

thanks yes got the full front end, with everything, good price too. and was from ebay. just hope the headlights are plug and play with a bit of coding and i dont know if my headlight switch will work as i have drl button on seperate switch.
will uplaod the progress pics as i go along.
so i soon will have a full s3 8p2 front end for sale.

Sweet mate :)
Do you need to get the bits sprayed or are they Ibis white already? :)

they are in black but know someone who will do it for me, soon as they arrive thursday hopefully will be getting the bumper,bonnet and wings sprayed at weekend. try and get this conversion done asap really

Sounds good, can't wait to see progress pictures :)
I'll be after LED Bi-Xenons for mine, just wondering what CE module mine has, where abouts is it located so I can see the part number?

Do does anybody know if my current central module K be fine to code into the new led drl headlights rhanks

yes the K rev will code fine, you may need to re-wire your headlight connector as i know that there are a couple of versions of the adapters. only thing with your setup is that the adapters are made for standard halogen headlight connectors where as yours are bi-xenons.
you could always just do a test fit and code the car to see if it works?

Thanks for reply,Ok well what other headlight switch would I need to get cos mine is auto with ch/lh button and drl switch separate to the side, is there a newer version of this switch for the new shape for a car that has auto and ch/lh and drl. Also what coding would I have to change to get the lights working thanks

no the switch should be fine, i am talking about the actual connector that plugs into the back of the headlights.
coding i think its CE 09 - long coding helper - byte 21 - set to 06 Bixenon with LED DRL.

Thanks very much will give it a try, will these work without any dis errors do you know? also have J door modules will these work the new wing mirror indicators with a bit of coding thanks.

as long as its wired properly and coded correctly there should be no errors on the DIS. Not too sure on the mirror indicators, do a search for 'dumbo mirrors' and you should find a thread that has the details you need.

ok mate thanks well i can confirm that if you do have factory fit bi-xenons with K module the led drl's will work with just a bit of coding as i tried mine today and worked fine and never had any errors on the DIS too. so thats a relief and hope this helps for anyone in the future

ok mate thanks well i can confirm that if you do have factory fit bi-xenons with K module the led drl's will work with just a bit of coding as i tried mine today and worked fine and never had any errors on the DIS too. so thats a relief and hope this helps for anyone in the future

so it was a direct plug in and coding? no wiring needed or adapters from the standard bi-xenon to LED bi-xenon?

Nope no need for any wiring or nothin just plug and play with coding that's it. Saved me a bit of work, not starting the conversion yet buy just plugged them in to try. So straight swap from bi-xenon to drl led bio-xenon. Will do a thread when I start.