Michelin Sport Contact 3 Tyres

JCMCN

Reaction score
Not sure if this thread has been covered before if so can someone point me in the direction.

Fours months past I bought 4xMichSP3 tyres and was getting on fine until last week. One had worn bald by 9000mls and has been sent back to Michelin and the others have started to 'Howl' like a jet engine when traveling. the noise is so bad people are staring at me when I'm passing and the radio can't even drown them out. They have between 3/4mm tread left on them yet so well above the indicators.

Anyone else had this problem?

Conti 3's are brilliant. I have had that screaming with Pilots on my old Pug 406 coupe. Its just what they do :)

I have the PS3s and i think the wear on them is shocking!

I had conti's on my A3 and found them to be great.

Got michilin's on the S3 and find them s bit noisier :(

Not sure if this thread has been covered before if so can someone point me in the direction.

Fours months past I bought 4xMichSP3 tyres and was getting on fine until last week. One had worn bald by 9000mls and has been sent back

9,000 miles in 4 months !!!

'kin ell' lol

I have the PS3s and i think the wear on them is shocking!

The wear on the PS3's is way better than the Goodyear F1s,and actually not bad for a performance tyre at all.

arent michelin pilot sport 3 said to last much longer then pilot sport 2 ?and nobody complain on pilot sport 2 ?

I had. Ps2 on my leon fr 170 tdi. And. Got 18000 out of fronts then. Put ps3. On and at 27000. They fronts had less tread than the rear original ps2. Down to 3mm so worse in my opinion on wear than ps2 never had any noise issues though. S3 I have now is on conti 2 front and 3 on rear all nearly new so cant comment on wear yet

arent michelin pilot sport 3 said to last much longer then pilot sport 2 ?and nobody complain on pilot sport 2 ?

I can't comment on PS2 vs PS3 wear for this car,but definitely it's better than some alternatives such as the F1.

If you really wanted a tyre that just does not wear,get the Bridgestone RE050,but be warned...this has pretty poor grip in ALL conditions and I would not recommend it for anything other than longevity.

9,000 miles in 4 months !!!

'kin ell' lol

l would say. Mines covered 10k, need to check the wear.

just checked. l need to go buy a thread depth checker.

****. l got 3.5mm left as well. need to check how many miles lve covered.

Last edited:
Just looked into when l had these fitted. It was in April last year. lve done 17k since. l got 23k out of the PS2s and they still had 4mm left but had a few cuts in the side walls.