AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

Why buy a new 3.2Q when you could get mine cheaper

Mods,
    I've seen lots of 3.2's being ordered lately when they could have got mine for cheaper. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Seems they've been misinformed [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    is that posible to get my advert as sticky here?
    Please, oh please! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]
    Thanks
    Incidently I've just noticed that my advert disappeared!
    What's happened

2. # ADS
    ADS

SMB
    Reverse Gear

Status

Re: Why buy a new 3.2Q when you could get mine cheaper

I Have to say this is a concern, when you look at how many 3.2's are in the dealer network second hand, and the fact it can be a struggle to sell on.

2nd Gear

Status

Re: Why buy a new 3.2Q when you could get mine cheaper

well maybe now as they are still fairly new but in few years time there wont be that many around i think

Uber Post Whore

Status

Re: Why buy a new 3.2Q when you could get mine che

Come on newbies, this is a stunning bargain.

2nd Gear

Status

Thanks Andy
    I'll repost it in the trading area but can this be a sticky?
    If not just delete the entire post.
    Well looks like I am gonna have to put the advert a bit more public and go with autotraders, top marques, dealers and the likes...
    Steph

3rd Gear

Status

You know, whoever buys that car is going to be doing a sweet deal. And NO, I'm not getting a cut off the price either. Hell, I don't even know StephV6.

But I relate to all this because I ordered my 3.2, loaded with options, and it came ou to close to 50000 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]. And that's just a silly price to pay for an A3.

If I had seen a car like Steph's here in France, I would have bought it and put the money saved towards a supercharger or other/more suspension mods...

2nd Gear

Status

50000 ouch! that's nearly 35k!!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]
    with the 13k difference you would yourself some nice supercharger and some nice suspension steup and some nice tyres and some nice brakes and some nice insurance and....
    you could even get a trubocharged version of it with 400bhp!!!!

Neutral

Status

My A3 SPortback 2.0TDI DSG Sport was 45000...

Neutral

Status

I take it JaminBen is in France. Where are you SimoP?

My 3 door 2.0TDI A3 Sport with armrest, parabola alloys, Sunroof and Leather was 40,000 here in Ireland....and climate control isn't standard, its 2,200 extra!!!

Makes me feel a little bit better that its not just the Irish governement that shaft car buyers. Also gives some perspective to you moany gits in the UK with your Rip off Britain this...Rip of Britain that......... You feckers don't know how good you've got it!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    I take it JaminBen is in France. Where are you SimoP?

My 3 door 2.0TDI A3 Sport with armrest, parabola alloys, Sunroof and Leather was 40,000 here in Ireland....and climate control isn't standard, its 2,200 extra!!!

Makes me feel a little bit better that its not just the Irish governement that shaft car buyers. Also gives some perspective to you moany gits in the UK with your Rip off Britain this...Rip of Britain that......... You feckers don't know how good you've got it!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's your lovely government's taxes which are too high (you know, that lot that you voted in [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )and not the underlying price of the car. Rip off Britain relates to the tax free price of the car, not the overall price of the car.

Historically (while manufacturers could get away with it) net prices were lower in high tax countries to try and even out the gross price and enable more people to afford cars. But with the EU and free trade, that's pretty much over. Now it's over to the voters to do something about their greedy governments.

Still. You're dead right. We shouldn't complain while good ol' Mr Brown hasn't been brave enough to sting us with an environmental tax on car prices!

Steph, that's a great value car. I'm not sure whether the competition is from other A3 3.2s (most don't nearly have the same spec as yours at a similar price) or from 3.2 TTs, which are only a few grand dearer.

Perhaps most people think on similar lines to me - a 3.2 A3 would entice me if there was a significant saving compared to a TT, which means sub-20k prices.

I'm sure someone will snapped it up. It's just a matter of exposure....and little time. Have you tried posting it on the for sale forum on tt-forum.co.uk and tyresmoke.net? There might be some TT owner who would want to change to a more practical motor, but with the same (actually, better!) unpinnings. Good luck.

3rd Gear

Status

My little finger tells me he doesn't really want to sell his car [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. He probably knows he'll never find anything that so perfectly combines grand touring, discretion and quality [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img].

2nd Gear

Status

Ben, you're right, it's not that I want to but it's just that I have to

3rd Gear

Status

I feel your pain, but you are going to make someone very, very happy...

2nd Gear

Status

pfiouh I dont know
    Porsche sounds nice but caterham sounds good too
    well lots of choices. I think that for now I'll do loads and loads of test drives!!