Revo, Scotland

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Lads

My grandparents live in Findhorn, Morayshire and it is his birthday next weekend.

Decided today to get the boat over from Belfast to Stranraer.

I got Revo Stage 2 remap from our soul delear here in NI and to be honest, I have not been overly confident with the car since.

Therefore, I had the idea of visiting a Revo dealer in the mainland so....... who comes recommended from Scotland between Stranraer and Findhorn?

Quick search on Revo site shows a dealer in Inverness which is very handy:

Duncan Sutherland Diagnostics

Or at a stretch:

Performance VAG, Perth.

So, has anyone any experience with the above? Or what are your suggestions? Do you think, for peace of mind, would they be able to do anything?

Suggestions and opinions below please
love.gif

After Drivers closed down getting to a Revo dealer here has become a bit of a mission. Scotland is extremely lacking in knowledgeable tuning garages in general, but I've not heard much, good or bad about either of those tuners. If your arriving at Stranraer if you have time you should go to Awesome in Manchester instead for all around peace of mind, if you have an extra day.

Unfortunately it will be straight up the road, party saturday night and back down the road on Sunday for work on Monday. Wouldnt have time to go to Manc :(

I have read a few boys going to the guy in Inverness on different forums and he seems a decent bloke. Inverness would be the handiest as I would be pushed to get to Perth on the Friday evening before close. I could visit inverness first thing Saturday morning.

That's if Revo suggest I go for a second opinion. I will have to do some data logging and forward them the results.

Wallace Performance in Altens, Aberdeen have taken over as the REVO agents here (apparently, I just heard the other day). On the south side of the city, just round the corner from Aberdeen Audi.

Was gonna say boycie, talk to revo 1st tbh as they take this fairly seriously by all reports.

Yeah, sent them an email but would need to do some logging to get some evidence built up.

Aberdeen is over 2hrs away from my Grandparents, at least an hour diagnosing and 2 back so that would be 5-6hrs during the saturday.

Ive spoken with the guy in Perth a few times, seems knowledgeable and polite.

Hi Autohaus in Edinburgh might be able to help you out and is not massively out of the way if you go A76 from Ayr then A70 from Cumnock before hitting the A702 to them rather than remaining on the M77 then M8. This way is 127 miles from Stranraer and you would then be on the east coast and 172 miles from Findhorn. Google Autohaus for more info.

Oh and parts of the A70 past Cumnock are great to drive in an S3 :racer:

Will check it out mate but I would rather not totally divert off course. Still waiting to hear back from Revo but someone stupidly decides to get married on a Friday!!