Width and offsets!! N8?!?!

basssound

Reaction score
Looking to get some new rims soon for the A3 but I need some info!
Once the KW's go on and they get wound down, what's the largest width wheels I could fit
on 18's or preferably on 19's and what offsets am I looking at.

P.S. I don't want any rubbing if possible ;)

19x9 front offset 40 rear 35-32 is the maximum you can go with 215/35s and the arch screws out

ET 41 is the max on 9 j rims with 215's front /rear
Thats what i was told .And will be fitted soon

your right about the front....but not about the rear

i have 19x9 et41 fitted right now.....and the rear is getting 8mm spacers....then again i have a bit of camber at he back due to how low the car is, but no matter how far you lowwer you could probably do with et 35 on the back

How about 18x9.5 et40 rear? What size tire should I use?

ive ran et41 9j 215/35 tyres and took arch screws out and i got rubbing, im all the way down on kw's too, my new rims are gonna be et52 with 10mm spacers all round taking them to et42

9.5J ET40 is going to need camber for sure if you are any where near low and don't want to catch all the time.

Has anyone ran a 9.5J on the rear to know it's not going to catch the rear beam. I had been considering some wheels with the same spec but decided against it because I didn't think it would work.

I just wanna know how wide to run and tbh I wouldn't be posting pics of what I was going for lol, why spoil a surprise lol
Think I'll stick to 8.5" for the ease and least chance of rubbing :)

9.5J ET40 is going to need camber for sure if you are any where near low and don't want to catch all the time.

Has anyone ran a 9.5J on the rear to know it's not going to catch the rear beam. I had been considering some wheels with the same spec but decided against it because I didn't think it would work.

My current setup rear is 225/40/18 18x9.5 et 45 which is perfect

3-2.jpg

IMG_1000000413.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg
IMG_0398.jpg

hope those pics are good enough sorry

Last edited:
I'm running 19"x9" et39 on the rear with no rubbing 215/35/19 and 19"x9" et42 front which I need to remove the screw as they rub going round corners.

But after a week of running round Cornwall I'm saving for air ride as the wife's scared to drive it all the way down :(

Shame because the ride is as good if not better than standard on the kw's

I'm running 19"x9" et39 on the rear with no rubbing 215/35/19 and 19"x9" et42 front which I need to remove the screw as they rub going round corners.

Do you know what different sizes the OEM S6 C6 wheels come in? I love these, but I don't want to run a 9 inch wide wheel.

★★★;1238857 said:
Do you know what different sizes the OEM S6 C6 wheels come in? I love these, but I don't want to run a 9 inch wide wheel.

They only come in at 19"x9" et52 as the S6 is Quattro and all four wheels need to be the same dimensions

I have the opportunity to buy a set of BBS CH for a good price but I don't know if they'll fit. The rims are 18" 8J ET42 and I'm planning to use 225/40/18 tires.
I have the stock suspension. The car is a Sportback A3.

Should I go for them?