Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status

Unhappy Help Please! Fitting Footwell Light - Different connections on MY10?

Hi guys,

I'm just in the process of fitting footwell lights on my 2010 S3 SB using the great kit as supplied by Robin on here. I fitted these to my old A3 with noproblems.

Now it looks like my 2010 S3 has a totally different control board under the dash, and I cant see where to connect the feed for the footwell lights. My connections/board look very different to my old A3 and what’s in the instructions here: My DIY Guide for Retro Fitting Foot well lights

I seem to have 3 big multi connectors now, rather than the smaller block ones?

Can anyone advise? My car is in bits in the car park, lol! Pics below of connections:

https://picasaweb.google.com/MFRacin...eat=directlink

Thanks
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    No one come across this? I've rebuilt the car now (got to go out tonight!), but if anyone has any advice please let me know!

S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Bump up for this, anyone got any advice?

Build Thread Here!

1st Gear

Status
    Hi.

I'm in the process of retroffiting MFSW buttons, and while I did my research, I've found out that MY10 has totally different electronics than it's predecessor MY09 facelift.

For example, steering angle sensor changed position, so now there's different high-end steering wheel ecu. It's the 8P0 953 549 K for MY10+ and 8P0 953 549F for the MY09, just like the MY08/07...

Also as far as I know, in MY10 central electrics ECU module is now combined with conv. EUC unit to one big unit. That's why you have larger connectors. I don't know how to help you, expect if you could look out at schematics in ETKA?

But I'm wondered are the connectors the same for the MY09 as is stated in original DIY?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Steering angle sensor hasnt changed position, its completely gone & yes the K is the new steering CU which also allows for the sprung loaded headlight stalk, the angle readings are now taken from the rack.

You're correct, the CE board has now been combined with the Conv module, so both are accessed as one in module 09 & 46 is redundant with vcds, you'll need a schematic for the 09/10 onwards which will show the 52 pin connectors they now use, of which iirc there are 3.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Yep, I could not retrofit the footwell lights as the connectors/looms are totally different on MY10 cars.

The door lights are the same though!

Build Thread Here!

1st Gear

Status
    but you could maybe look for right pin number in some documentation, maybe ETKA or ELSA?