Help Please! Fitting Footwell Light - Different connections on MY10?

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm just in the process of fitting footwell lights on my 2010 S3 SB using the great kit as supplied by Robin on here. I fitted these to my old A3 with noproblems.

Now it looks like my 2010 S3 has a totally different control board under the dash, and I cant see where to connect the feed for the footwell lights. My connections/board look very different to my old A3 and what’s in the instructions here: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...diy-guide-retro-fitting-foot-well-lights.html

I seem to have 3 big multi connectors now, rather than the smaller block ones?

Can anyone advise? My car is in bits in the car park, lol! Pics below of connections:

https://picasaweb.google.com/MFRacing1000/Footwell?feat=directlink

Thanks

No one come across this? I've rebuilt the car now (got to go out tonight!), but if anyone has any advice please let me know!

:)

Bump up for this, anyone got any advice?

Hi.

I'm in the process of retroffiting MFSW buttons, and while I did my research, I've found out that MY10 has totally different electronics than it's predecessor MY09 facelift.

For example, steering angle sensor changed position, so now there's different high-end steering wheel ecu. It's the 8P0 953 549 K for MY10+ and 8P0 953 549F for the MY09, just like the MY08/07...

Also as far as I know, in MY10 central electrics ECU module is now combined with conv. EUC unit to one big unit. That's why you have larger connectors. I don't know how to help you, expect if you could look out at schematics in ETKA?

But I'm wondered are the connectors the same for the MY09 as is stated in original DIY?

Steering angle sensor hasnt changed position, its completely gone & yes the K is the new steering CU which also allows for the sprung loaded headlight stalk, the angle readings are now taken from the rack.

You're correct, the CE board has now been combined with the Conv module, so both are accessed as one in module 09 & 46 is redundant with vcds, you'll need a schematic for the 09/10 onwards which will show the 52 pin connectors they now use, of which iirc there are 3.

Yep, I could not retrofit the footwell lights as the connectors/looms are totally different on MY10 cars. :(

The door lights are the same though! :)

Just check where if feed of interior lights and plug it there, the negative can go just to chassis if i'm not wrong. You can also try to find some diagram of connectors for your model or get some haynes manual.

I have a 2010 S3 if I have time and it's not raining and knee deep in snow at the weekend I will have a look where you need to plug it in to. Will get you some pictures as well.

Thinking about it there is a guide on here somewhere I had the same problem as you. It was done by Robin or Turps it had pictures as well as a full guide.

Last edited:
or if you got an multimeter (and know how to use it) just check on connector witch pin will change status on putting on the interior lights (whatever by door or switch)

LOL xD but strange thing is that was on first a3 8p threads page...

Sorry haven't got to look as I got called in to work all weekend.