r32 calipers

chiddles

Reaction score
hi lads ive just found a set of r32 rear calipers and carriers will these fit straight onto my a3 2.0 tdi 58 plate and what size discs can i use with these

why would you want to upgrade the rears?
have you upgraded the fronts?

to be honest its still not needed, the VAG group generally oversize their rear brakes out of the factory.
a massive majority of the braking force is done by the fronts, although the rears do help slightly with braking, they are mainly there for helping with stability on high speed braking, to give you an idea im running 4 pot racing brakes on mine and havent touched the rears as its not needed, and i also know a few guys with TTRS's running 8pot RS6 brakes and again they havent touched the rears and these guys track the cars very very hard!
another thing you would have to consider it if your upping front and back you may have to change the brake master cylinder to compensate or you could end up with a lot of pedal travel! so personally i wouldnt bother

i know but there cheapn you see so and they will look better than the rubbish ones on at moment. so will they fit

as its the back im not sure, but id be surprised if it didnt as it should all be the same, unless yours is only a fwd as there may be differences with the 4Wds, but i doubt it, and like i said in doing the front & back you may get much further pedal travel

Should be fine.

Pedal travel should not be affected and it will stabilize the car more under breaking.

Piston size is the same on both calipers.

Last edited: