Volks AutosSky Insurance

Thread: Help Needed

Starin' Through My Rear View

Status

Help Needed

Yesterday my front pad warning light appeard on the dash
    . Thought this was weird since it had a full service 6k ago. I checked the pads and discs and as you would expect still have loads of life left. Since this light has come on my windows been playing balls.either not going up all the way or down all the way when the lever is pulled fully back.

Could this be an electrical problem like a fuse?

Anyone had this before?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fossie

Status
    You need to get the car scanned for faults. A full service will not include pad replacement unless you asked them to do it. If you did, then take it back to them.

The window problem is unlikely to be connected with the brake problem and will not be a fuse. If the fuse had blown they wouldn't work at all !

Check in the manual for resetting the windows.

1st Gear

Status
    I had an issue with the light coming on just after the pads had been changed. Turned out to be a faulty brake pad sensor and was replaced under warranty. If your's is out of warranty I'd suggest trying to locate the lead from the pads to the sensor and ensure there's no corrosion etc and it's all nice and clean.

However as it's causing you issues with the electrics could well be something entirely different. Good luck!
    Sold:Audi S3 (2008 8P2 with upgrades by NHN)
    Phantom Black
    , Bucket Seats, Sunroof, Parking Sensors, FBMFSW, Armrest Phone Prep, Privacy Glass, ILP, FTW, BOSE, RNSE MkII SDS & AMI, Cruise Control, MY11 Folding/Dimming Mirrors, MY11 Rear Lights, Auto Lights/Wipers