EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

S3 exhaust valve on box

Does anyone know how this operates? mine is constantly opening and closing. At low speed it makes an awfull click sound. At first i thought it was the prop shaft or something but its the valve or the rod thats noisy. Is it possible to have it permantly open? to stop the clicking? I guess it makes it noisier under throttle? Not sure if its just the S3 box or other models too

Thanks, John

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    If you mean the flap on one of the rear pipe outlets its vacuum operated. Its easily disconnected and make very little difference to the noise. Leave the vacuum pipe and unit in place, just disconnect the linkage but make sure you fix the flap in the open position.
    this is my 3.2 box but its probably the same

You can see the flap linkage on the top of the left pipe. I am surprised that its heavy enough to make a sound you can hear in the car TBH ??
    Last edited by paddy; 23rd April 2011 at 10:30.

Reverse Gear

Status

Red face

When you manually operate it by pushing spring up it kind of rattles/clicks. I can hear it with window dowin in car parks at low speed etc. When outside the car and it was being driven into the workshop it sounded awfull. Coming from a diesel 170 and now a quiet petrol i can hear more

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Its just a push /pull mechanism on the outside. Just cable tie it or wire it in the open position.