Fitting Bi-Xenons to 8P1 with Factory fit Xenons? Possible? How!?

Joe90k

Speed doesn't Kill!
Reaction score
Hi all,

As the title says, this is the one thing that my car is missing that I would like. I have factory fit Xenon headlights (Main beam only!) with auto level/headlight washer etc. but would like the Bi-Xenon units off a later 8P2 A3 (Main beam and full beam!)

Can it be done? Is it a straight swap and what do I need?

Cheers,
Joe

Can be done, but new headlights use a 14 pin connector now not 10, wiring will need changing to suit, you can get adapters, but needs coding & potentially a CE module upgrade, you need it done, give me a shout.

Slight bump, i will be doing this to mine in the next few weeks / months, headlights on the way and so is the adapter from kufa. How do you know if you need a CE module upgrade as the options for bixennon arnt there or?

Module 09, long coding, Byte 21 drop down box displaying bixenon as an option to code, if you dont have byte 21 then cant be done properly.

Module 09, long coding, Byte 21 drop down box displaying bixenon as an option to code, if you dont have byte 21 then cant be done properly.

Great stuff i will get VCDS and cross my fingers, out of curiosity whats a CE module going to set me back? Also the Bi-xennons have DRLs is this useable swell obviously need the new light switch?

Yes drl's can be wired in & coded if supported by headlight switc & ce module.

New modules are about £280 from audi.

Yes drl's can be wired in & coded if supported by headlight switc & ce module.

New modules are about £280 from audi.

Ouch! Thanks for the headsup, with me having an 04 plate i wont hold my breath!

NHN, with regards to the central Electronics module upgrade, I've tried to find it on ETKA but seems all i can find is what looks like a canbus Gateway? ive upgraded these before on golf assuming this is the same part or am i clutching at straws?