My A3 SE TDI 140 :)

MornyA3

Reaction score
hi everyone im new to this hopefully ill get it right! :blush: pictured below is my 54 reg AUDi A3 SE TDI 140; mods Ive already done:

Dark Smoke rear windows
light smoke front windows
carbon wrapped interior parts (door strips, rear arm rests and around the gear stick)
Alpine IVA-D106R DVD CD/MP3 Tuner with 7" Motorised Screen
18" Inovit DTM Black with Chrome Rim alloys
TDITuning.co.uk tuning box (meant to be chipped to 170 but i think ill be getting it mapped in the coming weeks)

188658_10150434813120276_677825275_17667217_6861383_n-1.jpg

200329_10150434812870276_677825275_17667210_3927351_n.jpg

hopefully got the upload right. let me know what you think guys. more photos to come :-D

thanks mate only owned her since January. erm.. yeah quite alot tbh lol:

Remap
S3 interior
S3 Brake conversion
Front end conversion (not sure yet tho i may just paint the chrome around my grille black and not bother with the conversion)
De-cat Pipe (so Ive been told i can gain up to 25 bhp by doing this not sure if its correct though)
S-line Black headlining

so quite abit but its all just planned we shall just see what happens :yum:

nice car mate. needs some Sport seats and an 8P2 single grille S-Line front tho! keep us posted

thanks mate. yeah i thought about the sline front end looks much better than the sport :)

yeah few bits - have an s-line spoiler, s-line rear valance, straight tail pipes, s-line suspension and s-line wheels! like you im thinking of an s-line front and then just the MY09 rear lights and im sorted exterior wise :)

i wasn't sure weather the MY09 lights fitted our shape thats good to know that may have to be my next purchase. do you need a new bonnet and wings for the front end conversion or do i just need the bumper?

new bonnet, grill and front bumper (with lights etc) is all you need! :)

bonnet... some coin involved with that then lol. hmmm decision time

wait hold on i think there's some confusion here... the MY09 lights WILL NOT fit your car without a whole front end swap, including bonnet, wings, grille, fog lamps, fog grilles, front slam panel, bonnet hinges, lock carrier, and wing mirrors and door modules because the indicators have been relocated.

if you want to do the MY06+ S-Line facelift then you'll need a bumper, grille, fogs, fog grilles, bonnet, rear spoiler, rear bumper/valance (or you can get the MY09 rear bumper and valance because they look quite good, are the same money and are also a straight swap)

you can get a second hand one for around the £100 mark on ebay and then spraying it will be around £100 as well. I imagine you could do the whole conversion including spraying for under £400 if you search around. if you are lucky enough to find bits already in your colour then you are quids in! ive seen s-line bumpers go from anything like £30 to £120!

jesus yav gotta change allsorts haa. would the MY09 rear lights look stupid without the front end conversion?

sorry i missed that. MY09s are a straight swap lol. if you buy new they even come with all the bulbs so they're literally plug and play.

i've got MY09s on mine and mine's not got the MY09 front. looks 1,000,000x better. i wonder if MY11 lights would look better on your silver car tho

why would they?? they are only a little different!!! i have the newer rear end except the lights and it looks great imo! keep an eye out on ebay for an s-line/s3 spoiler and also the lower valance - makes the world of difference and both can be brought and sprayed for around £200!

hmmmm what do they look like? so is ur front end the same as mine or do you have the sport full grille front end mate?

may have to im not keen on the standard back bumper me dads got the black edition and the bumper on that looks miles better than mine. i might watch out for a one in silver save a few pennys :p

hmm so providing i can find a one for a 3door it will be a straight swap for mine :p?

yep! keep an eye on ebay and in the classifieds section at the top of the forum as ive seen quite a few come up!

mint man ive definitely inherited the mod bug haa!

definitely looks well with that valance im getting one haa! i bet they silly money from audi?

looks nice matey i hope that lowering it is in the plans the se ride height is a little high on 18's , but nice car all in all mate

thanks mate :) haa well im unsure weather to lower it or not. one side of me is saying lower but another is saying not to...

If you lower an SEon coils you will seriously feel the diference, so if i was you i would contemplate lowering springs first .

Last edited:
yeah mate thats what i thought. hmmm what size to go for i think 50 will be to much

yeah mate thats what i thought. hmmm what size to go for i think 50 will be to much
lower it my coilovers are smooth as hell but i came from a sport set up so that was rock hard already so they are a vast improvment over oem set up but its your car after all your choice

I don't know who's told you that you'll gain 25BHP from a decat but this isn't true at all pal, you won't notice much difference at all.

If you're after an S-line grille for your front bumper when or if you get one i have one for sale. Just haven't got around to advertising it yet.

thanks aiden i was going to this next would of really been a waist of time :/ yeah im looking out for a bumper now tryner find one which doesn't need painting.

Last edited:
i had g-max coil-overs on a corsa i owned a few years back and i kid you not it was like riding on a skate board if you hit a pot hole it was hospital job it was that bad lol

heres a few little pics after i tidied her up yesterday.

look at that chrome shine :)

ive got a few pics of the interior parts ive had carbon wrapped

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

let me know what you think guys. im thinking about getting the head lining carbon wrapped rather than buying a black S-line one this could be pricey :uhm:

Last edited by a moderator: