Stage 2+ map without cai = misfire?

mrmchammer

Reaction score
I'm in process of getting a CAI (anyone have a 2nd one around!?) but my car I think has revolution stage2+ map on (its a newly bought s3 which garage tried sps on it and found it was mapped) car had been returned to standard bar uprated fuel pump. I've just had a TB system fitted and today at between 3.5k revs it backfires. Vcds says misfire on cylinder 3 and mentions MAF upper limit. Am I right in assuming it's because there's not enough air coming in and warm weathers getting to it? I've taken out MAF and cleaned n no change but disconnecting it stopped misfire after ( it did it once then stopped) I don't think MAF is bust more map without CAI? I'm off to revo dealer soon

Last edited:
This is exactly what happened with mine a while back,when we were trying to keep it looking relatively stock.

The car needs a decent CAI,and I would recommend the same as Revo...the ITG.

Thats pretty much it mrm. Happened to me in the same way. Cyl 3. Happened a few time until l got the tbe. As it happens l have a cai here but its been bagged for £100 + p+p. If you facny upping the price modestly.

Naa, cant dont it. First come first served. But you have first refusale. Forge.