Chris NottVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Rear map light swop

I'm after some advice, I have the single rear roof light unit & bought the one with the map lights with the plan to add led ambient lights - but I removed the original light & tried to connect the new light but the plugs are completely different

heres some pic's to better explain:

have i just bought the wrong one? or do I need to get hold of a plug & chop into my existing wiring? Has anyone swopped these over?? any advice would be happily recieved - good news is it's the right size

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    For a start you need to compare wiring diagrams to check if it needs extra wiring or can utilise existing cause by those pics the newer one has more pins, then start looking at swapping over, ideally you need to if possible reuse existing pins, if not the same, as different connecor, then new plugs, repair wires from audi & solder, heathshrink for a proper job, none of the twist & tape crap.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks fo r the comments... i did wonder.... I was hoping it was gonna be a simple plug in job - no such luck .... I'll see if I can get hold of the plug that goes into the new unit then.

How/where would I get a wiring diagram from? I have a meter so i can check out what the existing wires are but your right I'll not know what to connect them to....

Reverse Gear

Status
    right - got me plug & repair wires sorted - have soldering gun at the ready... Now can anyone please help me out with what the 6 pins are??? Or where to get hold of a wiring diagram??

Thanks