AH FabricationsEM Tuning
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: "Digzz" Work In Progress :

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Digzz View Post
    Conversion Finish ....but not Mod's ....

My Conversion should of took 10 days to do as they stated but..it...Ended up being nearly 4 weeks .......with the Workers at the work shop being very lazy and the UK having too many bank holidays in April/May.....

Here's a low down in the parts Needed :

Prices going to be added soon...

Ordered New from Audi :

8P0 821 469 - Wing Bracket Rear QTY:2
    8P0 821 467 - Wing Bracket Center QTY:2
    8P0 821 471 - Wing Bracket Front QTY:2
    8P0 823 301 B - Bonnet Lid Hinge -Left
    8P0 823 302 B - Bonnet Lid Hinge -Right
    8P0 821 171 G - Wheel Housing Liner , Plastic -Left
    8P0 821 172 G - Wheel Housing Liner , Plastic -Right
    8P2 823 531 G - Lid Lock Cable
    8P0 807 183 A - Front Bumper Guide
    8P0 807 184 A - Front Bumper Guide
    8P0 807 863 A -Securing Strip
    8P0 807 864 A -Securing Strip
    8P0 823 509 H Lid Lock with Micro-switch
    8P0 805 588 L -Lock Carrier with mounting for coolant radiator - Comes with headlight sockets

MY11 Darker Tint Rear Lights:
    8P3 945 095C
    8P3 945 096C

Xenon Adapter Cable = 63.28 Euro ordered at : KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG for converting halogen to xenon

Parts I sourced from Ebay These prices vary .....

Bonnet 2009-2011 Paid=£80
    Normal Front Bumper with Grill 2009-2011 Paid=£100
    Left Wing 2009-2011 Paid= £40
    Right Wing 2009-2011 Paid= £90
    Side Mirrors with indicates 2009-2011= £134 for both
    S3 Rear Bump for Parking Sensors 2007-2011= £215
    Fog Lights 2009-2011 = £28.99
    Fog Light Surround 2009-2011 = £20
    S3 Roof Spoiler Any 8P = £74.99
    CE K Module =£165 Installed : Thanks To RS
    Door J Module = £100 - Not installed as of yet...Still need help Re-pining

Some of these ebay Items where collected by my self and some where delivered.

Currently I'm having problems with Rear Fog Light and Reverse Light Appearing on the DIS Dash ....Stating that there is something wrong with the lights....but this might be a coding issue I hope.... As I've just installed the K module from a A module.

I'm going to install the Door Modules next week or so hopefully....having no indicates on the side is really bugging me now. If any body knows how to re-pin your help would be appreciated.

I also got my tints done yesterday also........

Just a little peak of photos i've taken with my iphone 4 ..........My next Mod is alloys ...as some of u might know..I'm looking for REP's in 19"'s..

HI DIGZZ

Like to congratulate you on your mod look slick, well done.
    I would like some help if possible. I have Audi A3 SportBack Diesel on a 55 plate. I have had a front end smash( rad pack slam panel all gone) I would like to repair it so i thought i may aswell do a facelift to 2010 either a s3 or black edition front with drl lights. the questions i have are
    1. Will i need a 2010 slam panel?
    2. 2010 rad pack?

ive had a look at the part lists but there is no mention of slam pannel rad pack etc

Thank in advance.

Anis

2. # ADS
    ADS

"Started From The Bottom"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by anis suba View Post
    HI DIGZZ

Like to congratulate you on your mod look slick, well done.
    I would like some help if possible. I have Audi A3 SportBack Diesel on a 55 plate. I have had a front end smash( rad pack slam panel all gone) I would like to repair it so i thought i may aswell do a facelift to 2010 either a s3 or black edition front with drl lights. the questions i have are
    1. Will i need a 2010 slam panel?
    2. 2010 rad pack?

ive had a look at the part lists but there is no mention of slam pannel rad pack etc

Thank in advance.

Anis
    1. The silver slam panel won't need changing but the Front Panel will need to be changed to a 2010 - 2012 version ...
    2. No need to change

Reverse Gear

Status
    1. The silver slam panel won't need changing but the Front Panel will need to be changed to a 2010 - 2012 version ...
    2. No need to change
    Many thanks For your reply!

Anis

Reverse Gear

Status
    Lovely work what you did with your A3 mate. I started a similar project 2 weeks ago, but on a 2007 Sportback. The question I have for you Digzz is did you changed the central electronics module or is the original one. I haven received the cables and the aLWR yet, but I hardly wait to install them. I'll come back with photos.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razvan.demian View Post
    Lovely work what you did with your A3 mate. I started a similar project 2 weeks ago, but on a 2007 Sportback. The question I have for you Digzz is did you changed the central electronics module or is the original one. I haven received the cables and the aLWR yet, but I hardly wait to install them. I'll come back with photos.
    Thanks mate ...

I Change the Module To a "K" .

Status
    So where do I start it’s been a while been so busy with my car and life in general.

1. New OEM Spoiler

Reason being is I used an aftermarket spoiler from eBay …which started to ripple as you can tell from the pictures below.

Cheap Aftermarket **** ...

2. Bluefin Re-map - Shout out to Ad's for the Hook up

3. Gloss black Oem pillar B trim Covers

4. Gloss black edition S3 vents .

5. Black edition gear knob

6. OEM Shark GPS/Aerial

7. Black Edition Door cards all round

Old:

New :

8. BOSE Box Grid (illuminated)

9. Skylight feature :

I got inspired by these two cars below to do a skylight theme on my new Black headliner Interior roof.

Vauxhall Adam

Rolls-Royce Wraith

I ordered a fiber optic Kit on eBay and some fiber optic strands. When they finally arrived is when I realized this wasn't going to be a walk in the park (poke hundreds of holes in said headliner, etc...) , so the headliner just sat in my room for a week or so . I printed some star constellations and used them, to poke holes though the headliner and layout my star field. At first I kept everything correct as to how one would see them in the sky.

Here's a pic of what the fiber optic strands look like while I was putting them in(poked a hole with a thumbtack through the back, ran the strands through them, then when finished, used a nail clipper to clip off the excess on the front side):

I used a glue gun to hold all the strands in place.

This took me a couple weeks of a few hours of work a night when ever I could spare some time. When all was said and done with the fiber optic strands it was time to put the headliner back in the car! This was a lot harder since there was a lot more weight on it now, and it was hard to shimmy it back in without it bending on me and harming the rigidness of the it. I ran all the fiber optic strands together down the rear pillar of the headliner of the car and they came out where the little storage area is back there. I ran the 12v power to the rear interior light ..so when I turn the side or main beam headlights the automatically come on. I also have a remote control to turn them off or change the colour or brightness or even have a random colour to flash or dim.

Just a little test.......

Night time test :

End result :

amit91987 and Jonathaan like this.

Status
    The end result is a cool, sparkling, multi-color, star field in my car! I can change the colors, twinkling speed, etc... They aren't bright enough to distract me while driving, and can barely be noticed if looking from the outside into the car.

Here's a little video :

And a couple of shots of my interior:

Last edited by Digzz; 24th June 2013 at 19:39.
    amit91987 likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    For that door card to be a " Black Edition " shouldn`t it have the high gloss piano black door inlays.....

buwo.jpg
    Last edited by RolandBE; 24th June 2013 at 20:23.

Neutral

Status
    Looks awesome. New car basically. How easy was the new dash/cluster? Is it a fairly straight swap? They're pretty cheap on eBay it seems...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandBE View Post
    For that door card to be a " Black Edition " shouldn`t it have the high gloss piano black door inlays.....

buwo.jpg
    I prefer the brush aluminium inlays.....Go's with my silver and black theme.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by llekra View Post
    Looks awesome. New car basically. How easy was the new dash/cluster? Is it a fairly straight swap? They're pretty cheap on eBay it seems...
    Yeah it is ....just need to get it coded for it to work. Check for the cluster thread on this forum.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I prefer the brush aluminium inlays.....Go's with my silver and black theme.
    Thats ok bud, was just curious thats all.....

Like those gloss black heater vents........
    Last edited by RolandBE; 25th June 2013 at 09:21.

In awe of VCDS

Status
    I know on the Sportbacks the very early Black Editions had aluminium inserts and the later ones had piano black. Probably the same with the 3 doors.
    Now: 2010 A3 SB S-Line Black Edition 2.0TDi 140CR. Panther Black
    Retro'd: Black S-Line badges | Private Plate | Come home lights activated | Fogs as corning lights activated | Hill hold assist activated | TPMS (via VCDS) activated | 3.5" s/s tailpipe | LED interior lighting.

Gone: 2007 A3 SB Sport TDI 140. Dolphin Grey

Neutral

Status
    Awesome work man, almost inspiring! Gonna be getting an 'older' A3 soon, so its nice to see I don't have to leave it as is.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieronboz View Post
    Awesome work man, almost inspiring! Gonna be getting an 'older' A3 soon, so its nice to see I don't have to leave it as is.
    Thanks .......Yeah ...u might as well say mines a 12 plate ...

Neutral

Status
    Thanks .......Yeah ...u might as well say mines a 12 plate ...
    Was the steering wheel difficult? The one thing I don't think ill be able to live with for a while is that stock 3 spoke wheel. haha

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieronboz View Post
    Was the steering wheel difficult? The one thing I don't think ill be able to live with for a while is that stock 3 spoke wheel. haha
    Nah it's not difficult at all ......You need to change your steering wheel module and do some simple coding. Search the forums on here .....there's loads .....of info.
    Kieronboz likes this.

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook
    you still need to change the window buttons to the MY12 along with the light switch and aircon unit then it would be accomplished so to say

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevv View Post
    you still need to change the window buttons to the MY12 along with the light switch and aircon unit then it would be accomplished so to say

Already had them in the door card that I swapped round .

Yeah I just need to do Ash's climate control button swap around and then it's a wrap.

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook

Already had them in the door card that I swapped round .

Yeah I just need to do Ash's climate control button swap around and then it's a wrap.
    ah lovely mate honestly... we are almost lucky that we can literally change the whole front end and interior on them 8Ps ... talking about window buttons i just ordering my black edition set along with BE vents if they look any where as sexy as your ill be well chuffed

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi, I purchased a scratch and dent '10 that was in a front end collision. Working on putting it back together, basically replacing everything that one would in a front end swap, so your thread and parts list has help a ton. Thanks. Just curious, is the Fan/Radiator/IC/Condensor pack free floating so to speak in your first picture? I'm ready to install my new pack, but I can't figure out what will hold it in place? Just the two rad hoses and two IC hoses? Is the only thing that hold it in place is the four "bushings" that slide into the radiator support?

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    the radiator is help in place by the rad surround:

A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    Hi diggz,

can you tell me how did you fit in the A5 seats at the back?

And also, how to take off B pillar ?! I'm really puzzled, don't know how to do it without damaging the surroundings or the pillar cover itself :-/

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks ash, the radiator surround is what I meant, but to clarify, there is no bolts/screws between the surround and that pack, just the four insulators, two on each side of the radiator, and two on the bottom? And when the surround is off the car, the pack just hangs geld by the hoses? I'm trying to figure out if I install the pack first then the surround, or install the pack into the surround then mount the surround on the car.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jsosic View Post
    Hi diggz,

can you tell me how did you fit in the A5 seats at the back?

And also, how to take off B pillar ?! I'm really puzzled, don't know how to do it without damaging the surroundings or the pillar cover itself :-/
    B pillar take a look at this :

Price Please For Piano Black Outer B Pillar Covers S3 8P3 3dr

A5 seats in the back is a bit of a mission.

1. Trim down all the baby hooks
    2. Get a hammer and bash the thing that sticks out and locks into place for the seats
    3. Trim down the seats a little one of the A5 seats.
    4. Remove bottom frame from old A3 seat and replace over the A5's.

Status
    As I've more or less completed all my mods and have been satisfied with my car. I feel the need for a different car.

I'll putting up my car for sale at the end of this month. If anybody wants to make me a offer earlier Please PM me.

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    As I've more or less completed all my mods and have been satisfied with my car. I feel the need for a different car.

I'll putting up my car for sale at the end of this month. If anybody wants to make me a offer earlier Please PM me.

What car are you going for mate?? Or is it all a bit.....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ads View Post
    What car are you going for mate?? Or is it all a bit.....
    It is ..lol ...But I'll let u know once everything goes well with getting it.

2nd Gear

Status
    like what you have done there GLWS do you have the part no for the gear knob and would the door cards fit a 2006 a3(5dr) wasn't sure if there any diff mount wise between years?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by manor13 View Post
    like what you have done there GLWS do you have the part no for the gear knob and would the door cards fit a 2006 a3(5dr) wasn't sure if there any diff mount wise between years?
    Door cards won't fit. Gear knob is from a black edition A3.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi, it's a great thread Congrats to all you've done. Im on the same way, and im sorting now the parts that i need. Can you help me with - do i need to change the the radiator holder/frame, and is it necessary to change the side wings/fenders? Also if you have some detailed pictures of the parts or into the process of converting?
    Thanks in advance Greetings from Bulgaria.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567