Hello

medicineman

Reaction score
Hi folks

Well taken the plunge and just ordered an A3 3.2 S line. Delivery late march all been well. Like other on here though seems to be alot of confusion as to the exact spec. Told I couldn't have full leather?

By the way nice forum.

regards

MM

Hi Medicineman,

Welcome to the forum and good choice of car.

That is the only drawback with the A3 s-line is that you can't have full leather or leather/alcantara which i think the majoirty of us would fork out the extra cash and have.

What colour and extras have you ordered?

S-Line = extra firmness
extra firmness = higher speed cornering
higher speed cornering = need to stay in your seat
full leather = not as much grip on your little behind

therefore, not full leather has a small advantage, and you never see the stuff you sit on (he-he...in the summer, you'll be very glad you're not sitting on leather too)

nice choice of car btw. where are you, out of interest? any options added to the already loaded S-Line package?

Seems silly to me when Audi gave options of Leather and Alacantra on the S4 and Leather (albeit recaro) on the rs4!!

Yep, you can now order full leather on S-lines. It was introduced late december (about a week after a I ordered mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif)

I've been looking at various makes of car.
Saab,Honda,Volvo etc.
Honda and Volvo offer full leather as standard.
Saab offer part-leather as standard.
Saab offer a full leather upgrade for £700ish

Where the hell do Audi get off charging over a grand !?!?

If you were to buy an A3 sportback,with DSG,S-line and full leather you'd be looking at over £24000 !

That's outrageous compared with the opposition.

Re-educate your dealer mate. I've heard so many stories about customers knowing more about the options list than the dealer.

On a test drive for my last A3 in '98 I remember pointing out the underseat storage drawers to my Mum. The dealer goes, "Jaysus I never knew there were drawers under there!!"

This time around at a different dealer when we were finalising the order for my new A3, he asked me was I sure I had all the options I wanted because I couldn't change the order thereafter. (We were re-optioning a cancelled order already in the system). I asked him what the Interior light pack was. He said, "Ah sure its only illuminated vanity mirrors". "For €200!!", I said. "Yeah mad isn't it", he said. "Feck that", I said.

Of course after it was too late to change the order I found out that the interior light pack was, Illuminated vanity mirrors.....and.....cool overhead LED's that give the dash a cool glow + illuminated footwells + Red illuminated door grad handles + active illuminated door reflectors + 'puddle' lights on the underside of the doors + red illuminated center console cubbyhole.......

Apparently, its well worth the money. So aswell as the interior light pack illustrating my point about dealers knowing nothing and needing to be re-educated by the customer, its onther option you should add to your options list!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks folks, I had this when I got the M3, the salesmans didn't know half of what the SMG box could do. I have called the dealers twice and they have assured me that its no longer an opinion. But I will get it re done and cheaper than Audi anyway.
Cheers

If a newbie is allowed to spout off a welcome, then here's mine: welcome!

On the 3.2 ordered last december, I ended up getting leather/alcantara and then speccing the S-Line chassis. It's only a 350€ option...

The choice for leather/alcantara came naturally, after seeing how warm it is in the winter and cool in the summer. Grippy, too!

If you're going to get a custom leather job, are you going wild or staying close to standard audi stuff?