Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications

Thread: Hello

1st Gear

Status

Hello

Hi folks

Well taken the plunge and just ordered an A3 3.2 S line. Delivery late march all been well. Like other on here though seems to be alot of confusion as to the exact spec. Told I couldn't have full leather?

By the way nice forum.

regards

MM

2. # ADS
    ADS

Uber Post Whore

Status

Re: Hello

Hi Medicineman,

Welcome to the forum and good choice of car.

That is the only drawback with the A3 s-line is that you can't have full leather or leather/alcantara which i think the majoirty of us would fork out the extra cash and have.

What colour and extras have you ordered?

1st Gear

Status

S-Line = extra firmness
    extra firmness = higher speed cornering
    higher speed cornering = need to stay in your seat
    full leather = not as much grip on your little behind

therefore, not full leather has a small advantage, and you never see the stuff you sit on (he-he...in the summer, you'll be very glad you're not sitting on leather too)

nice choice of car btw. where are you, out of interest? any options added to the already loaded S-Line package?

imported_Yaseen

Seems silly to me when Audi gave options of Leather and Alacantra on the S4 and Leather (albeit recaro) on the rs4!!

Lord of War

Status

Guys,

Am I missing something here? Full leather is a 1060 cost option fot the S-Lines accoridng to the Audi configurator....

imported_Skywalker

Yep, you can now order full leather on S-lines. It was introduced late december (about a week after a I ordered mine [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif[/img])

6th Gear

Status

I've been looking at various makes of car.
    Saab,Honda,Volvo etc.
    Honda and Volvo offer full leather as standard.
    Saab offer part-leather as standard.
    Saab offer a full leather upgrade for 700ish

Where the hell do Audi get off charging over a grand !?!?

If you were to buy an A3 sportback,with DSG,S-line and full leather you'd be looking at over 24000 !

That's outrageous compared with the opposition.

Neutral

Status

Re-educate your dealer mate. I've heard so many stories about customers knowing more about the options list than the dealer.

On a test drive for my last A3 in '98 I remember pointing out the underseat storage drawers to my Mum. The dealer goes, "Jaysus I never knew there were drawers under there!!"

This time around at a different dealer when we were finalising the order for my new A3, he asked me was I sure I had all the options I wanted because I couldn't change the order thereafter. (We were re-optioning a cancelled order already in the system). I asked him what the Interior light pack was. He said, "Ah sure its only illuminated vanity mirrors". "For 200!!", I said. "Yeah mad isn't it", he said. "Feck that", I said.

Of course after it was too late to change the order I found out that the interior light pack was, Illuminated vanity mirrors.....and.....cool overhead LED's that give the dash a cool glow + illuminated footwells + Red illuminated door grad handles + active illuminated door reflectors + 'puddle' lights on the underside of the doors + red illuminated center console cubbyhole.......

Apparently, its well worth the money. So aswell as the interior light pack illustrating my point about dealers knowing nothing and needing to be re-educated by the customer, its onther option you should add to your options list!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

1st Gear

Status

Thanks folks, I had this when I got the M3, the salesmans didn't know half of what the SMG box could do. I have called the dealers twice and they have assured me that its no longer an opinion. But I will get it re done and cheaper than Audi anyway.
    Cheers

3rd Gear

Status

If a newbie is allowed to spout off a welcome, then here's mine: welcome!

On the 3.2 ordered last december, I ended up getting leather/alcantara and then speccing the S-Line chassis. It's only a 350 option...

The choice for leather/alcantara came naturally, after seeing how warm it is in the winter and cool in the summer. Grippy, too!

If you're going to get a custom leather job, are you going wild or staying close to standard audi stuff?

Uber Post Whore

Status

Hmmmm.....Tiger skin inlays....GGGRRRR!