Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    All the gear.. No idea

Status

Stage 1 Button!!

OK.. So I have A3 2.0 TFSI. I would really like to have REVO stage 1 map (or equivalent)... I have previously had some experience with Revo on my S3 and TT, but with both had to use an SPS controller to change from the standard map to Stage 1/2/3 etc.. This involves mucking around turning the ignition on and off (not really ideal when MR M3 nob 'ead is taking off next to you) lol
    Anyway I wondered if there is any way of having a button so you can change the map "live" whilst driving?? Please help!
    Red is the colour..

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I did hear that theres a map available for a TDI which they link to the traction control "EPS" buttion , so when EPS is truned off the map also comes in "/ not sure if its 100% true or not or it may just be for a TDi model

6th Gear

Status
    anything CAN be done with enough money. my suggestion is to get in touch with someone at REVO to find out. anyhow, this is where you can get a button for your dash for it. all you have to do is find out how to wire it . i'd suggest the "//S-Line" or "TURBO BOOST" ones, but up to you!

CarStyle4you

keep us posted on how you get on
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro 1981 View Post
    OK.. So I have A3 2.0 TFSI. I would really like to have REVO stage 1 map (or equivalent)... I have previously had some experience with Revo on my S3 and TT, but with both had to use an SPS controller to change from the standard map to Stage 1/2/3 etc.. This involves mucking around turning the ignition on and off (not really ideal when MR M3 nob 'ead is taking off next to you) lol
    Anyway I wondered if there is any way of having a button so you can change the map "live" whilst driving?? Please help!
    From what I've been told,trying to alter settings or maps on the fly is a very bad idea,and likely to result in trouble.

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Nice one..! I like the "pursuit mode" one too! A little bit chavvie though, so I think you're probably right with the S-line or turbo boost... and yer, I reckon talking direct to revo will probably be the best bet?
    Red is the colour..

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    From what I've been told,trying to alter settings or maps on the fly is a very bad idea,and likely to result in trouble.
    There must be some way of doing it? I had an hks boost controller in me fq360 which was set up with three variable boost settings that could be changedon the fly, but was hoping there would be some way of doing it with the software maps for vag vehicles without the need for an aftermarket controller cluttering up my beautiful interior!!
    Red is the colour..

Reverse Gear

Status
    I know on the fly changing is perfectly doable and safe on other makes

I might have to get one of those passenger eject buttons to keep the mrs quiet!

4th Gear

Status
    You can change on the fly with GIAC, so dont see why not with Revo. Unless your tanking it off course. Theres not point anyway as buy the time you do it, they have gone.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ok no expert but would it not be possible just to get the remap done to take effect when in sport mode on the stronic gearbox.

All the gear.. No idea

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tri3hrs View Post
    Ok no expert but would it not be possible just to get the remap done to take effect when in sport mode on the stronic gearbox.
    Hey hey! That was EXACTLY what I was after, but didn't think it was possible and didn't want to cause confusion..
    My mate has a brand new transporter t6 that he wants to get chipped too! lol and he also has S-tronic, and we both would like to be able to not having it running flat out all the time if poss.....?
    Red is the colour..