S3 Brakes Dust Shields?

Mike071288

Reaction score
I'm going to be fitting s3 front and rear brakes to my A3 on the weekend and i was just wondering something, i have got some hubs from a tdi so that my hubs and calipers carriers are separate units, would s3 dust shields fit these hubs also does anyone have a part number i can quote to TPS please.

you have septerate hubs for the carriers and calipers you mean ? can you not use your originals or do you have a 1.9 or lower?

and do you mean dust shield as in the big shield that sits behind the disc? as thats actaully a splash guard, the dust shield is the part of the brakes that say s3 on them.I have some s3 brakes with everything if i can spot a part no i will let you know.

Last edited:
On my car at the moment, i have hubs which incorporate the caliper carrier, ive bought some hubs that have the hub separate to the caliper carrier.

I mean the splash guard then, thanks mate.

The fronts are 345mm and the backs are 310mm.

No worries, so you have the same as mine. the carrier is moulded into the calliper. normally seen on engines lower than 2.0

ok if i get some time i will see if i can have a look on the splash gaurd and see any part numbers,

if your struggling to sort somthing you can always go into you local audi tps gsf and describe what the item is with a reg plate on the same year s3 as the s3 breaks. they shouldnt be that expensive as they are only thin gaurds with no moving parts from what i remeber.

I was planning on just phoning up TPS and describing it but i don't know if there the same though out the s3 models, plus because of the bank hols if they're wrong im going to have to wait till Tuesday to get a exchange.

forget the dust shields. they look like crap after 3 months. get some low dust pads like carbotech bobcats and enjoy clean wheels