Brake Caliper and rear hub pic request

B-J-P

Reaction score
I've got 11 days off over the bank holiday weekends so thought I'd get some things done to the car.

Just wondered if anyone has some photos of their calipers, I'm torn between Black or Silver? just want the subtle clean finish rather than the rusty hubs and grubby calipers.

Cheers in advance

I'm in the same boat. Got a full week off coming up and plan on doing this job along with a few others. I went for black calipers and silver hubs on the BMW e90 that I've just traded. I was going to do the hubs black as well but as I planned to fit spacers, silver made more sense to match the spacers.

I think i'll be going all black on my red A3 though as I won't be fitting spacers and will be doing black grill and anthracite wheels. I don't really want to draw attention to hubs or smallish brakes.

Yeah am swaying towards black as well, subtle and perhaps put a small S Line decal on it, want some photos to make my mind up though

I'm currently painting mine, decided to go for black calipers and hubs, will try and take some photos today and put them up. Also thinking of putting some white audi-ring decals on but not sure yet.

Ok here's some photos...

Front
IMG_4582.jpg

Close-up of the caliper with audi-ring decal - really pleased with how it looks
IMG_4585.jpg

Rear hub and caliper
IMG_4590.jpg

Close-up of the rear hub
IMG_4594.jpg

Rear
IMG_4597.jpg

Really pleased with how they look, lot of hard work but definitely worth it!

looks really good mate, think i've made my mind up.

out of interest what paint did you use?

I’ve used smooth Hammerite in the past for the hub, but it always peels/bubbles after 8-12 months. Think it’s the high temps. Anyone recommend something better?

looks really good mate, think i've made my mind up.

out of interest what paint did you use?
Hammerite Smooth metal paint. Yeah I think black is best, works well with the white decals too.

I’ve used smooth Hammerite in the past for the hub, but it always peels/bubbles after 8-12 months. Think it’s the high temps. Anyone recommend something better?
Not heard about this happening, the guides i've read used the Hammerite paint.

I've used hammerite or smoothrite (the smooth version) on 3 cars and have never had it bubble. You're driving too fast and braking too hard ;)

Have used Halfrauds caliper paint before and had no probs with it. Never had a problem with Hammerite either though

Anymore pics anyone, be interested to have something to compare it with in silver or even body coloured ?

I did mine in hammerite black, 500ml offf ebay for £7, i also did the metal protector around the disc, and the outside of the discs as mine are fairly new.

Looks really nice, just nice and clean really, i reccomend black!

oh and the hammerite is easy to use, no surface prep needed :)