2009 Audi S3 - Bluefin

S3an

Reaction score
Just purchased a Bluefin re-map off the Internet......was just wondering if anyone has done the re-map and what results were.

Thanks

Sean

Hi Sean

I mapped my car the same way, its real simple to do. Also the upload to superchips of your original MAP and the turn around time is seconds because its a very popular engine.

Once you have the updated map on the bluefin it installs in 2min, top tip is RTFM (read the f-ing manual) its so clear you cant go wrong.

After the map the engine feels so strong, the turbo is a little louder but I will see how that goes and the response is much better. As for the MPG claims well I don't know I only did a week on the original MAP (postage times) so never filled up.

I have a GPS app on the iPhone and did a few runs and its a nearly 2sec quicker to 60 with 40bhp more. Record for sprints yourself if you have an android or iPhone.

I did this to my A3 2.0T quattro and will probably do the same to my S3. It seems from my reading that Bluefin maps are usually quite conservative (although appears to be one of the higher output maps on an S3).

The main attraction for me is the ability to load and unload the map via the handset. On my 2.0T, it has really transformed the drive - smooth around town, but really vigorous when you open it up.

Great thanks for the advice.....will definatly RTFM and get back with results when it arrives.

I have booked a session at Surrey rolling road to see what output is when complete too!

Sean

what are the advantages of doing this yourself over taking it to a company to do it for you? is it purely cost?

from what I can tell the advantages are that with the bluefin re-map you get a controller that plugs into your car and allows you to update or revert back to original as required i.e. When it is service time.

If the increases are the same as an MTM, AMD etc then this certainly seems like the better option.

Bluefin has just arrived (ordered yesterday) and rolling road booked for tomorrow!!

from what ive heard bluefin really dont produce as much power as some of the other tuners
bluefin arent the only ones that offer a box to swap maps, revo have the sps, gagic have the flash loader, shark have their sts and evolve have their switch. im running the evolve map on mine and the power it produces is staggering

Thanks for the info. If the rolling road doesn't give the desired results then the bluefin will be returned and I will look into the other options.

On your signature you say that you are planning to do the recaro buckets, what is your plan for these? It is the only option that I didn't get with mine and I would really like to get some. Have looked at a few options but best option seems to be finding some for sale on eBay etc but they can be a little hard to find.......found one set in last five months and the guy never returned the email!!

Would be interested to here your ideas for finding them.

thing to look for isnt always the headline figures, you need to look for the smoothness of the curve, that there are no power spikes or dips, youll get a good feel for this when your driving as well its should all be very smooth with no real changes in the way it feels through the rev range, tho you should feel a bit of a shove in the back when the boost comes on full, but from then on it should be nice and even

think youve got a couple weeks return policy with bluefin dont you? in that time if you can get a ride in another mapped S3 it will be good that way you can see how another map feels

yea i am, tho im not planning on going the oem route as for me they are just too heavy and too hard to find. if a set did come up then i may get them, but not sure. i think there is a set on piston heads at the moment, well was a couple days ago, its really just a case of hunting and being lucky and having the money ready to go! because of all of this im going to be getting aftermarket CS's which are pretty much the same, but weigh about half of the oem ones and look pretty damn good as well

I have been looking at the aftermarket CS's through a company in Hampshire, I think they are a Porsche re-trimmers but also a Recaro dealer.

They are currently pricing a pair of heated CS's trimmed at recaro with matching leather etc to my back seats. Probably looking at circa £1300 each but they don't get the height adjust etc that the OEM. Am a little worried about resale when I get TT RS in Jan 12.

yea they arnt cheap, but by the time you allow for a retrim of the entire car, which if your getting a second hand pair of oem's then thats going to prob have to happen it works out about the same

if its resale your worried about then there is a very good chance youll find someone willing to buy them off you and do a seat swap + ££ to get a set, i know i would happily do that as long as the leather was a match to the standard interior, so there are always options