what do you think about LED projector headlights???

A3RESSURECTION

Reaction score
I need to get a pair of new head lamps for my A3. It looks like these LED projector ones are priced the same as OEM ones so why not - I like that look. What do you think? Are they gonna last? I would appreciate any feedback.
- Jay

led_lights.jpg

The picture isnt working buddy, but the general thought is nothing beats OEM

I saw a white A3 yesterday driving through Whitechapel in London with aftermarket LED headlights and I had to say i did like it... pity i didnt get a proper close look at them as i was driving in the opposite direction.

thanks for your opinions!
I have decided to go S-line bumper and a mesh grill with chrome trim - I just think the 2 horizontal bars on the lower grills are too much not to mention the side marker above. Still haven't explored the options for the back but I am guessing OEM is the best one.

In the end this is the look I want to go for...just trying to decide on the lights. I like the OEM because there is two of them in each and makes it look like a wider more aggressive front but the whole thing seems kind of "blurry" vs the LEDs seem more crisp and sharp - along the lines of the bold shape of the grill trim. I haven't really seen these lights in action so would appreciate your 5 cents.

thelook3.jpg

the_look3.jpg

Last edited:
First and Third look good... i have seen the second one in real life and it is no where near as bright... also looks really crap!

The LED is not as bright... nothing like the OEM LEDs you see on an A3 or A5... stay away from the second A5 Style light... it looks really tacky!

i like the third ones but ive heard that the light output on the dipped beam is really bad on aftermarket headlights

From my previous cars where i have had aftermarket Projector headlights and xenons they dont look as bright at night from the drivers seat as the OEM ones do. obviously if you were to look directly at them they would still blind you but the actual light that is projected in front of the car does not seem to go too far. not to mention the amount of tweaks you need to make to get them proper level. One other thing is that if you look on ebay for these same headlights you will see that most of them say that the headlight is not actually made for HID kits.

Yea but has anybody on here actually got the aftermarket LED lights already installed on there pre 09 car? pics../?

i used to have these on my polo a few years ago. ( ino its not an audi, dont skit me LOL) basically the light is no where near as brite as the OEM daylines. neither do they dim out when you turn on your indicator. but yes they can be seen aslong as the sun is not blazing. typical winter weather they can be seen in the day, otherwise just before dark or even at night they can be seen clearly. the 2nd picture is actually a really good design compared to the 3rd ( or the one in the link ) which is similar to the lights of the A4 they look nice from an angle but look a bit silly from the front.
heres a pic to show brightness on my old car ( yes only 1 side was connected at that point )
lulair.jpg

i used to have these on my polo a few years ago. ( ino its not an audi, dont skit me LOL) basically the light is no where near as brite as the OEM daylines. neither do they dim out when you turn on your indicator. but yes they can be seen aslong as the sun is not blazing. typical winter weather they can be seen in the day, otherwise just before dark or even at night they can be seen clearly. the 2nd picture is actually a really good design compared to the 3rd ( or the one in the link ) which is similar to the lights of the A4 they look nice from an angle but look a bit silly from the front.
heres a pic to show brightness on my old car ( yes only 1 side was connected at that point )
lulair.jpg

Ilike those lights and they cost the same as stock, the question is are they safe and will effff up the fuses??

Yea but has anybody on here actually got the aftermarket LED lights already installed on there pre 09 car? pics../?

pregnantNproud (or something to that effect) has the third ones

dectane is the one that started making them first. i had the same make in my polo pretty decent. i didnt have any errors or any fuse issues they worked well.

I just took a good look at the new A4 LEDs headlights and I must say that they could easily look cheesy to an innocent bystander. Sooooo hey Russo! I am really counting on your review and a couple good close ups, on/off etc :) !

I think the lights in the third picture look really sweet. IMO Audi should have made the facelift A3/S3 DRL's like those, ..looks better than the design of the OE ones. Look forward to seeing yours fitted, Russo! Bet they'll be spot on. :)

Paula x

Thanks for the link Russo...please post up pics as soon as you can with any comments!

hope they look sick!

Looking forward to seeing these fitted... I had been contemplating with getting the third one for a while until i saw the LED not as bright as i wanted it. But if the ones that Russo is fitting looks decent i may go down that route.

ea681808.png

60d12e7a.png

Pics were taken on my iPad. More better pictures shortly. They fit well no errors etc seem quite bright to me bearing in mind it's daytime. Could do with some brighter dipped beam

Last edited:
they actually look really really good, better than i thought they would do. are they a straight plug n play? no messing with wires or connections etc?

they look sick, and the plug n play make them even better. thanks for your input into this thread Russo, think i might be making a purchase when the funds allow!

How much in pound notes did they set you back as on the website they are listed as 249 euro?

Looks smart buy the way, i want to get some DRLs and the LED rear lights for my sportback!

:thumbsup:

€250 = £220 in todays exchange rate.

Those look sweet! Please pop up some night time pics for us to see. Bet you're delighted with them. :)

Paula x

I like them. They aren't as bright as oem ones but still plenty bright enough. Nice White light not blue. Easy fitment. I got them on eBay for 240 delivered next day. They gave me some chrome indicator bulbs aswell.

they look really really good - would like to see what they look like at night too ??? - also have you had them aligned let? It's just I have emailed a few co's now & I have been unable to find any that say they are suitable for RHD cars??