EM TuningSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reverse Gear

Status

what do you think about LED projector headlights???

I need to get a pair of new head lamps for my A3. It looks like these LED projector ones are priced the same as OEM ones so why not - I like that look. What do you think? Are they gonna last? I would appreciate any feedback.
    - Jay

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    Have you got a picture to the ones you are looking at?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    The picture isnt working buddy, but the general thought is nothing beats OEM
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

I saw a white A3 yesterday driving through Whitechapel in London with aftermarket LED headlights and I had to say i did like it... pity i didnt get a proper close look at them as i was driving in the opposite direction.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks for your opinions!
    I have decided to go S-line bumper and a mesh grill with chrome trim - I just think the 2 horizontal bars on the lower grills are too much not to mention the side marker above. Still haven't explored the options for the back but I am guessing OEM is the best one.

In the end this is the look I want to go for...just trying to decide on the lights. I like the OEM because there is two of them in each and makes it look like a wider more aggressive front but the whole thing seems kind of "blurry" vs the LEDs seem more crisp and sharp - along the lines of the bold shape of the grill trim. I haven't really seen these lights in action so would appreciate your 5 cents.

Last edited by A3RESSURECTION; 19th April 2011 at 00:06.

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Still not seeing the pic mate... maybe you have a link to the page you are getting the image from?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme187 View Post
    Still not seeing the pic mate... maybe you have a link to the page you are getting the image from?
    thanks mate!

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

First and Third look good... i have seen the second one in real life and it is no where near as bright... also looks really crap!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

Reverse Gear

Status

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

The LED is not as bright... nothing like the OEM LEDs you see on an A3 or A5... stay away from the second A5 Style light... it looks really tacky!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

events moderator

Status
    i like the third ones but ive heard that the light output on the dipped beam is really bad on aftermarket headlights
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

From my previous cars where i have had aftermarket Projector headlights and xenons they dont look as bright at night from the drivers seat as the OEM ones do. obviously if you were to look directly at them they would still blind you but the actual light that is projected in front of the car does not seem to go too far. not to mention the amount of tweaks you need to make to get them proper level. One other thing is that if you look on ebay for these same headlights you will see that most of them say that the headlight is not actually made for HID kits.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

Reverse Gear

Status
    yeah, they feel kinda sketchy. So what do you recommend?
    Bi-xennons are definitely too expensive for me. These are nice but I guess not HID? I am not sure:
    http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-A3-FWD...lights/ES9568

and these, are legal here **For off road show or display use only.**
    www.ecstuning.com/Audi-A3-FWD...lights/ES5667/

any other options?

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

If Bi-Xenon are too much how about standard Xenon headlights with Lamin-x subtle tint film?

Audi A3 (2006, 2007, 2008) Headlight Covers

This guy has a set of Standard Xenons (used) for 350 i think he said or these are new for 500:
    AUDI A3/S3 XENON HEADLIGHTS COMPLETE 05-08 | eBay UK
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

1st Gear

Status
    Yea but has anybody on here actually got the aftermarket LED lights already installed on there pre 09 car? pics../?
    08 S3: Phtm Blk Prl, 330+bhp, Evolve Remap, Forge Twintake, Sachs Organic Clutch, Forge Short Shift, 19" 2010 TTS Parallel split 5 spoke alloys, MY11 lights, RNSE Nav, Bose, 6 cd, Arm rest, Buckets, FBMFSW, phoneprep, Adaptive Lights, Black inlays

MK1 golf swallowtail project
    : 20v turbo BAM / AGU engine, Haldex 4x4 conversion - work in progress... its gonna be a beast -

1st Gear

Status
    08 S3: Phtm Blk Prl, 330+bhp, Evolve Remap, Forge Twintake, Sachs Organic Clutch, Forge Short Shift, 19" 2010 TTS Parallel split 5 spoke alloys, MY11 lights, RNSE Nav, Bose, 6 cd, Arm rest, Buckets, FBMFSW, phoneprep, Adaptive Lights, Black inlays

MK1 golf swallowtail project
    : 20v turbo BAM / AGU engine, Haldex 4x4 conversion - work in progress... its gonna be a beast -

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Denty View Post
    I'd say dont ruin your S3 and keep the oem headlights. Or if you do want them sell me your headlights for cheap If your looking for photos of aftermarket heads check out Richs thread - user name PregnantNproud
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

1st Gear

Status
    i used to have these on my polo a few years ago. ( ino its not an audi, dont skit me LOL) basically the light is no where near as brite as the OEM daylines. neither do they dim out when you turn on your indicator. but yes they can be seen aslong as the sun is not blazing. typical winter weather they can be seen in the day, otherwise just before dark or even at night they can be seen clearly. the 2nd picture is actually a really good design compared to the 3rd ( or the one in the link ) which is similar to the lights of the A4 they look nice from an angle but look a bit silly from the front.
    heres a pic to show brightness on my old car ( yes only 1 side was connected at that point )

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by zedzo View Post
    i used to have these on my polo a few years ago. ( ino its not an audi, dont skit me LOL) basically the light is no where near as brite as the OEM daylines. neither do they dim out when you turn on your indicator. but yes they can be seen aslong as the sun is not blazing. typical winter weather they can be seen in the day, otherwise just before dark or even at night they can be seen clearly. the 2nd picture is actually a really good design compared to the 3rd ( or the one in the link ) which is similar to the lights of the A4 they look nice from an angle but look a bit silly from the front.
    heres a pic to show brightness on my old car ( yes only 1 side was connected at that point )
    Ilike those lights and they cost the same as stock, the question is are they safe and will effff up the fuses??

4th Gear

Status
    I just bought a5 style ones for mine don't care for people's comments I like them. I'll post pics when fitted
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Russo2k5 View Post
    I just bought a5 style ones for mine don't care for people's comments I like them. I'll post pics when fitted
    f*** yeah bro! I am dying to see them in action! Which ones exactly, please post link. Please comment on visibility at night too.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Denty View Post
    Yea but has anybody on here actually got the aftermarket LED lights already installed on there pre 09 car? pics../?
    pregnantNproud (or something to that effect) has the third ones
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

4th Gear

Status
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

1st Gear

Status
    dectane is the one that started making them first. i had the same make in my polo pretty decent. i didnt have any errors or any fuse issues they worked well.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I just took a good look at the new A4 LEDs headlights and I must say that they could easily look cheesy to an innocent bystander. Sooooo hey Russo! I am really counting on your review and a couple good close ups, on/off etc !

Banana Menace!

Status
    I think the lights in the third picture look really sweet. IMO Audi should have made the facelift A3/S3 DRL's like those, ..looks better than the design of the OE ones. Look forward to seeing yours fitted, Russo! Bet they'll be spot on.

Paula x
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the link Russo...please post up pics as soon as you can with any comments!

hope they look sick!

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Looking forward to seeing these fitted... I had been contemplating with getting the third one for a while until i saw the LED not as bright as i wanted it. But if the ones that Russo is fitting looks decent i may go down that route.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

4th Gear

Status

Pics were taken on my iPad. More better pictures shortly. They fit well no errors etc seem quite bright to me bearing in mind it's daytime. Could do with some brighter dipped beam
    Last edited by S3 MRU; 21st April 2011 at 11:37.
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

1st Gear

Status
    they actually look really really good, better than i thought they would do. are they a straight plug n play? no messing with wires or connections etc?

4th Gear

Status
    Plug and play no messing
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

How do the LEDs work? do they replace the sidelights or do they just come on with the ignition?
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

4th Gear

Status
    Replace sidelights
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

1st Gear

Status
    they look sick, and the plug n play make them even better. thanks for your input into this thread Russo, think i might be making a purchase when the funds allow!

6th Gear

Status
    How much in pound notes did they set you back as on the website they are listed as 249 euro?

Looks smart buy the way, i want to get some DRLs and the LED rear lights for my sportback!

Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

1st Gear

Status
    €250 = 220 in todays exchange rate.

Banana Menace!

Status
    Those look sweet! Please pop up some night time pics for us to see. Bet you're delighted with them.

Paula x
    MY10 S3 8P3 S-TRONIC, IMOLA YELLOW
    SHARK PERFORMANCE STAGE 2
    - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

4th Gear

Status
    I like them. They aren't as bright as oem ones but still plenty bright enough. Nice White light not blue. Easy fitment. I got them on eBay for 240 delivered next day. They gave me some chrome indicator bulbs aswell.
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

Reverse Gear

Status
    they look really really good - would like to see what they look like at night too ??? - also have you had them aligned let? It's just I have emailed a few co's now & I have been unable to find any that say they are suitable for RHD cars??

4th Gear

Status

Sorry about the upside down one. iPad don't autorotate photos
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast