Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    kaliber

Status

separate spoiler from tailgate???

in the title really, want to know the best way to separate the spoiler from tailgate without damaging any parts. as much detail as possible please.by the way its an 8p2 3 door. cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Is your car an S-line or the sport in your photo? If its an sport what spoiler do you have s-line or votex or some other aftermarket one?
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

kaliber

Status
    my car is a sport in the photo. should of said that the spoiler is not coming off my car but its gonna go on it. i bought an s3 tailgate from the scrappy and was wondering the best way to get the spoiler off. lovely car mate btw.

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    Remove the window trim that goes around the top, there are 3 screws that holds the spoiler on (two 10mm bolts outer and one torq screw in the middle). There's 3 torq screws in total but the other 2 hold the LED brake light on, so this is worthwhile removing too to get it out of the way.

With all 5 screws/bolts removed the spoiler will still be stuck on with very very strong double sided tape. I removed one by using a very wide thin scraper and slower hacking down the back the spoiler taking care not to damage it of course. It takes a bit of time and it clings on forever!!

4th Gear

Status
    I take it your referring to a sport back. Or a 3 door? The three door is only two bolts as the 3 door does not have the brake light on the spoiler
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s