Scott's A3 Build Thread (With Pics)

Scott_Hol

Reaction score
Right so ive decided to make a build thread after reading a few on here think its a good idea to keep an eye on my progress and get some good tips. So far to my Motor I have done the following -
- Dropped on KW V1 Coils
- Replaced 2.0tdi badge with Sline Badge
- Remapped from 140 to around 180bhp

So anyway ive just gotten round to taking some pics of my motor after having the coils on for around two weeks, over the moon with the change in the look and there isnt a great difference in the ride quality despite reading some horror stories :) (hopefully these pic will work as ive just started using photo bucket). Only a few after shots but will get some better ones on later. Hope you approve.

Before Shots

Before1.jpg

Before4.jpg

Before5.jpg

Before7.jpg

Before8.jpg

Before10.jpg

Before6.jpg

Before2.jpg

And a few after shots will get some more up later

Coils Before they went on

KWs2.jpg

KWs1.jpg

After Shots of Motor

After2-1.jpg

After3.jpg

After4.jpg

After1.jpg

Thats it for now Peeps, will be getting photoes of the rebadge of the back. . . . next some nice 19's :) alot of people have said it looks ok with the 17's on but i know you guys will think different haha. . . . anyway leave your comments :)

S

Last edited:
Stance looking very sweet now, Scott. Very tidy car, will look fab on some 19's. Which ones you gonna go for? Any ideas yet? :)

Paula x

Stance looking very sweet now, Scott. Very tidy car, will look fab on some 19's. Which ones you gonna go for? Any ideas yet? :)

Thanks Paula :) . . . . well i was stuck on some bentley GTC's but cant seem to get hold of them, im in no great rush so just waiting for the right set to come up, was looking at a set of holstens as below but not sure if im keen now anfter getting a few opinions.

A3onHolstens3.jpg

Cool! I really love some of the Bentley rims (especially the GTC's), nice choice there, dude. Rims are such an expensive purchase, so taking your time and getting exactly what you're looking for is deffo the way to go. Can't wait to see what you finally decide on. Happy modding! :icon_thumright:

Paula x

Thanks Paula keep an eye out looking to get some soon hopefully . . . .

Looks good fella. Some 19s on and it will look sweet :) I'd lose the s-line badges though.
Thought about single grille conversion or MY09 or MY11

Looks good fella. Some 19s on and it will look sweet :) I'd lose the s-line badges though.
Thought about single grille conversion or MY09 or MY11

Cheers Fella. . . . yea i know having trouble deciding which ones tho, i dont know i quite like the badges atm so will probly leave them for now just gives that hint of colour with the red i think. Never really thort about the front conversion as i quite like the 2 piece grille anyway, my next thing is alloys and then i want to get some detailing practice. Ideally i would like to meet up with one of the fellas off here for the day so they can show me the ropes haha but dont know if anyone is around my area?

S

Cheers Fella. . . . yea i know having trouble deciding which ones tho, i dont know i quite like the badges atm so will probly leave them for now just gives that hint of colour with the red i think. Never really thort about the front conversion as i quite like the 2 piece grille anyway, my next thing is alloys and then i want to get some detailing practice. Ideally i would like to meet up with one of the fellas off here for the day so they can show me the ropes haha but dont know if anyone is around my area?

S

No problem Scott. How much you looking to spend on 19s if you dont mind me asking?
Aw thats fair enough go on the detailing section and put a thread up im sure some one local will be able to show you what products and methods to use.

No problem Scott. How much you looking to spend on 19s if you dont mind me asking?
Aw thats fair enough go on the detailing section and put a thread up im sure some one local will be able to show you what products and methods to use.

Dunno m8 ideally around £600 quid for a nice set with wheels, but for the right set i could stretch to around 1200, sounds like a plan m8 ill probly stick one up on monday now as im on the drink all weekend haha

Dunno m8 ideally around £600 quid for a nice set with wheels, but for the right set i could stretch to around 1200, sounds like a plan m8 ill probly stick one up on monday now as im on the drink all weekend haha

Two people on here were selling a set of these Bentley GT GTC alloy Wheels Pirelli P Zero Tyres | eBay UK
£700 and the other £800 19x9 Bentley GTC £700 - Wheel Sanctuary by Wheel-Whores.com
Can get a tidy set of 19 speedlinse off N8 for about £1000.
Haha thats fair enough fella

nice looking car dude when she is on some 19's will look spot on get some speedlines i think they would suit your car muuh better than the bentleys n8's the man to speak to

Sorry mate but the bodykit doesnt help the look, upto you, but I'd remove the front part asap, but ride height is not bad now, certainly some decent looking wheels will completely change look.

Sorry mate but the bodykit doesnt help the look, upto you, but I'd remove the front part asap, but ride height is not bad now, certainly some decent looking wheels will completely change look.

Cheers for input nige but i actually quite like the front, looking to get chrome tailpipes and wheels before anything else changes
your right about the wheels tho i need to get some sharpish, ride height will get sorted when the wheels come dont you worry :)

I know m8 must have tried to email this guy like 4 times with no reply. . . hate it when people advertise than dont reply! :mad:

i gotta say i disagree with NHN. i love the Votex front end. not a fan of the back tho, i'd swap it for an 8P3 rear bumper.

i don't think you should be in any rush to change the wheels. i had the same wheels on my Sport and i loved/love them. yeah they're a tad small but sort the rear out first imho, and then think about wheels.

my final step would be a single grille front, but the problem with that is you'll lose the Votex lip (apparently it doesn't fit the facelift bumper) so unless you're going S-Line i don't think it'll look as good.

i gotta say i disagree with NHN. i love the Votex front end. not a fan of the back tho, i'd swap it for an 8P3 rear bumper.

i don't think you should be in any rush to change the wheels. i had the same wheels on my Sport and i loved/love them. yeah they're a tad small but sort the rear out first imho, and then think about wheels.
QUOTE]

Yea m8 im happy with the votex front too and tbh i quite like the back infact im very happy with all the body atm including the front grille. . . really want some new wheels tho and some chrome tailpipes anyone got any suggestions for the tailpipes?

S

I agree with Nige, my friend has a set of Landy wheels waiting to go on his Mk5 also, but he's on air, so it'll stnace proper :wub:
I cant see a problem with the above mk5's stance?

Hey each to there own & if you like it thats what counts, but IMHO with votex gear on 8p's, it always looks like its just been stuck on, the lip it shows from contact with bumper makes it look ugly & so obvious, I'm not a gotta be oem all the time guy, but fact remains the only kit that looks like it should fit is oem & skirts for sure, S3 version, because point blankly, go look at one & tell me that looks obvious & stuck on as such, the lines are just perfect & well, suit the exterior design.

Although I prefer MK5 lines to the 8P :)

Hey each to there own & if you like it thats what counts, but IMHO with votex gear on 8p's, it always looks like its just been stuck on, the lip it shows from contact with bumper makes it look ugly & so obvious, I'm not a gotta be oem all the time guy, but fact remains the only kit that looks like it should fit is oem & skirts for sure, S3 version, because point blankly, go look at one & tell me that looks obvious & stuck on as such, the lines are just perfect & well, suit the exterior design.

Although I prefer MK5 lines to the 8P :)
I appreciate your opinion Nige :)

Looks good a breath of fresh air from the sline sheep
Speedlines FTW
Cheers Steve nice to hear some posotive comments again haha btw wat is ftw?

Now you see I like that, exactly how a forum should be, its just an opinion & its nothing personal, you've read that for what it is & I appreciate that allot Scott, so hats of to you mate.

Now you see I like that, exactly how a forum should be, its just an opinion & its nothing personal, you've read that for what it is & I appreciate that allot Scott, so hats of to you mate.
Cheers Nige :) I dont let it bother me coz I know how bad your taste is :p haha anly kiddin mate ;)

Nige Baaaarrrr

FTW= for the win

Thanks for clearing that up bud

LMFAO furry ****

TBH I like those wheels, but as they dont do in 18's, thats the only reason to change, I had a set on my 8P originally, they just looked to small, design was fine.

LMFAO furry ****

TBH I like those wheels, but as they dont do in 18's, thats the only reason to change, I had a set on my 8P originally, they just looked to small, design was fine.

Yea I know its dissapointing i wish you could get them in 18 or 19's i love them but like you say just too small, doesnt quite look right in the arch, still on the hunt anyway watch this space!

The car doesnt have rear lights on & needs a wash/detail, presently located a thousand miles from me lmfao, so I'd like to see it aswell mate :p

nice car Scott!! looks a million times better low... Just some wheels please! :applaus:

i like those land rover rims defo different to the norm but a good one in my opinion are they the right offset pcd etc.. then

nice car Scott!! looks a million times better low... Just some wheels please! :applaus:
Cheers m8 i know trust me ive been looking but no luck :( im in no rush tho so not gunna buy a set i know i wont be happy with, hopefully something will come up soon. . . .
i like those land rover rims defo different to the norm but a good one in my opinion are they the right offset pcd etc.. then
Have no idea fran havnt really done any research on them. . . wouldnt be my first choice anyway tbh. . . .