Black Grills

_GRP_

Q3 S-Line
Reaction score
My next mod on the list is a black grill conversion, been looking on Ebay etc for genuine Audi ones, but they still seem to be going for silly money.

What are the FK Automotive ones like... seen them on Amazon of all places, just over £50, +tenner delivery... sounds good to me.

FK ABS Sport Grill - fit for Audi A3 (Typ 8P) year 05-08 black with emblem: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

I guess the 'with emblem' refers to the s-line badge clip/space
Will this be a straight swap on my 06 Sportback S-Line?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1538088/front-bumper.jpg

George

Available from Audi for the same price - £70 approx.

Suffix is VMZ instead of 2ZZ

Oooops sorry thought you were talking about the surround !

The black grille is £178

Last edited:
Available from Audi for the same price - £70 approx.

Suffix is VMZ instead of 2ZZ

Oooops sorry thought you were talking about the surround !

The black grille is £178

Hi Mike, yeah I got a price from Audi for the surround (2nd hand on Ebay seem more then they cost new, crazy!), but I actually quite like the look of the FK Grill itself, as it looks chunkier. Just wondering what the quality is like and confirming it's a straight swap.

George

I have the FK grill with the "honeycomb" mesh and I'm fairly happy with it. Got mine from orange-tuning.de for around £60 or so inc delivery. Quality is ok, however the plastic does seem quite soft and scratches fairly easily. Nothing polish wont fix tho. I would rather have the oem black optics grill but couldnt justify the cost, they're far too expensive

isint it possible to spray it in audi black or it wont look good ?

problem is my car is black and I am thinking it will not suit the car well

I suggest you stick with what you've got then!
Back on track please... anyone else using an FK Grille, is the quality/fit OK?

I suggest you stick with what you've got then!
Back on track please... anyone else using an FK Grille, is the quality/fit OK?

Lee got one on his looks sweet, so has another fella Jamees but his is a slight different style honey comb effect.
Quality no one seemed to moan about it and seem to be happy with how much they paid and the way it looks.
I'd go for it :)

Lol thats a first. Black ooptic grille on a black A3/S3 is a win.

a3slip2.jpg

If you buy the black optics grill from audi does it come with everything you need to whack it straight on? Going to try and sneak some discount :)