Registration plate size (plate shorten)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had my new red a3 s-line black edition quattro on order now for several months, its due end of May start of June. I would like to shorten my new private plate that will be going on the a3 from the standerd 522mm x 114mm to 405mm x 114mm so therefore will have to buy new plates.

Where will be the best site to purchase these from, that gives the best finish to the plate? My original plates from newreg were all shiney, silky feeling and quite thick... I would like the same finish from the new plates.

Ihave seen a few people on here have the shorter plates so would like there opintion :happy: I dont know where will give the best quality! Would like to know where other people get theres from and what there like.

Cheers,
Tomo.

I know what they are called! I am looking for the best place to get them!! From peoples personal experience of getting them, I am looking for the company that gives the best finish as I got show plates from no1showplates for my partners car and they were very dull and ruff! I am looking for the plate to be smooth and silky like the ones I got originally from newreg!

Use the ones you have now and cut them down, thays what i did

I would do that but I wouldn't get the right finish on the edges as before and also it's got a big newreg at the bottom of the plate. Cheers though lad.