A3 Cruise control.

G

Goner

I know you can retro fit cruise control to the A3 and my motor is a 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback on a 56 plate.

What i need to know is can you just buy the stalk (with the buttons on the end of the indicator stalk) or do i have to buy the little stalk which sits slightly lower down which is seperate to the indicator stalk?

The reason i ask this is because i'll need to replace the plastics around the bottom of the steering wheel/lock barrel won't i?

Thanks

You would need the cruise stalk (seperate from the indicator stalk), the lower cowling (plastic going underneath your steering wheel) and possibly may need to buy a steering ECU.

also would need to get the car coded to tell it that you have the cruise installed.

You would need the cruise stalk (seperate from the indicator stalk), the lower cowling (plastic going underneath your steering wheel) and possibly may need to buy a steering ECU.

also would need to get the car coded to tell it that you have the cruise installed.

Yep, as above.

You should speak to Jonny - jb0o on this forum as he is the resident cruise expert!!

Cheers Sachen ;)

Yeah, you need to get the additional small stalk and replace the lower cowling to fit cruise. You also need access to VCDS to code in cruise.

Give me a shout if you want me to install, £149 supplied, fitted and coded.

Cheers Sachen ;)

Yeah, you need to get the additional small stalk and replace the lower cowling to fit cruise. You also need access to VCDS to code in cruise.

Give me a shout if you want me to install, £149 supplied, fitted and coded.

Where are you based fella?

I'm in West Yorkshire - Jb0o in Teeside.

I'll scan the car for you so you can give J the info if you want.

And you charge £150 for the whole lot yeah? I'm from Keighley but i work at Stokesley in Teeside.

And you charge £150 for the whole lot yeah? I'm from Keighley but i work at Stokesley in Teeside.

Yeah, £149 all in mate. Stokesley sounds perfect, not far at all! Could have it all done in your lunch hour!

Whats the year and engine of your A3 and do you have steering wheel controls and/or trip computer (ability to view MPG/Range etc)?

I'm in West Yorkshire - Jb0o in Teeside.

I'll scan the car for you so you can give J the info if you want.

What a guy! Might be okay actually Mike. A3s with trip computer means they can take cruise, not many come without a trip comput nowadays.

Wish someone would come along with a lowline ECU so i could get the ECU of yours claimed haha.

Sorry mate, got your car info from above. Youll defo have a trip computer being sline spec so no worries!

Shoot me over a PM if you wanna sort something out mate!