Audi A3 8P 2004 1.6FSI - Whats it Worth?

jb0o

Reaction score
Website
jonathan-butler.co.uk
Sorry for these threads, but need something to keep you all busy ;) and since all cars are different, they have a different price..

Looking to trade in mine in a couple of months, secured a placement with my Uni so will be earning a bit more money for a while.

I can take out £4k to put towards a new car so whatever I can sell this one for, it will add to that total.

-----

2004 A3 8P1 Sport
1.6 FSI Petrol
FASH
Cruise Control
Sport Seats

IMG00075-20091029-1531.jpg

Cheers for any input,
- Jonny

Last edited:
Don't know if this helps but..... One year ago I got £8k part ex for a 2003 plate 2.0FSI sport, but with half of your mileage.

For me I've always found part ex'ing gets me the best money for my cars. And the least amount of headache.

What you thinking of replacing her with???

PS: If you do sell privately, first you should remove the cruise, and then offer to fit it for buyer for £150! Every little helps :happy:

Haha good idea.

Im replacing her with another A3 of course, looking along the lines of:

2006, 2.0TDI, Sline, 50-60k, prefer black.

Theres some private between £8500 - £9500, which would be ideal.

Id be interested more so in a px tbh, less headache as you say, but that would certainly up the cost - but they can sometimes offset that by the px value... Hmm...

:scared2: TDI?!?!?!?!? Go for a 2.0T!

I've just had a look on Glass's guide for part ex prices and if yours is a 53 plate 2004 then it's worth £3260 for average condition and £3650 for excellent condition.
If its a 54 plate 2004 then its £3500 for average condition and £3890 for excellent condition.

04 plate is somewhere between the two.

As always I've got a man in the business. He's got an independent showroom, dealing mainly in german cars (Audi, Mercs, BMW).
I bought my last two A3's from him and he's a top top honest guy (arranged for a brand new steering rack to be fitted in my current car even though RAC warranty wouldn't pay out).

If you're serious about swapping cars then I can have a word with him, he'd do you a very good deal as I've spent nearly £20k with him in the past two years.
It'd mean a trip down to London though.

Conicidentally he's currently got a 56 plate s-line, TDI 170 Quattro, 70k miles, half leather etc, parking sensors, BBS alloys, phantom black..... £10,900, but going by when I bought mine off him he'll move quite a bit lower on this price I reckon.
But maybe its still a bit out of your price range.

Anyway, let me know if you want me to have a word with him to see what he could offer on this car with yours as part-ex, or maybe sourcing another car.

Ill give you a PM now Ads, cheers.

Would love a 2.0TFSI but couldnt live with the petrol costs, but then again with my price range, I may have no option..

I could probably squeeze to about 5k, and obviously what my car sells for will add on to that.

Theres a few on Autotrader similair to mine ranging from £4.5-£5k, id probably start the price at around £4.5k...