Advice on lowering my a3 2.0tdi sport 8p

chrisy t

Reaction score
Hi guys, im looking at lowering my a3 and just wondered if i can get get lowering springs, say between 30mm and 40mm. Can i use my standard sport shocks and will the ride be realy harsh? I dont realy want to spend a fortune! What are the best springs to go for? Eibach pro 30mm? or apex springs? As i say, i dont want to send loads. I just want the look but i dont want the ride to be too harsh!

Any thoughts or advice on this would be great.

Cheers

Chrisy t

get some h&r's mate so much better than the rest , if your budget will stretch get some oem s-line shocks for the same engine model as yours then the ride will be spot on , if you want to really strech your budget get some v-maxx coilovers im running them they are smooth as a bentley but they are around £400 but worth it all day long , how much do you want to spend

hiya mate, i was hoping to spend no more than £200 realy tbh. Hw much would it be for oem s ine shocks? Would that be s line shocks all round? Would my sport shocks cope with lowering springs? The only problem with the H&R springs is that they lower the car by 50mm and i dont want it that low, i was thinking 30mm or 40mm. So i take it Eibach and Apex are no good?

yeah s-line shocks all round but if your only wanting to spend around 200 sheets then all you can really get is springs as the shocks are expensive to buy unless you can get hold of some off ebay or something , s-line shocks are over engineered basicly so can take being on a lowered car much better than the sports ones, eibach are very good there's nothing wrong with them at all dont know what apex are like soz , but for overall quality h&r are the spring of choice for us a3 boys they are very popular but as you say you dont want to go that low so my choice would be eibach instead

I have the 50mm H&R and it's fairly low, just a nice height for me! So the 35mm H&R so be perfect for your budget, height you want to go to and would be fine with your current shocks

also keep in mind you'll want to swap out the top mounts etc when getting the springs fitted, may as well when suspension is out anyway

Is this the cheapest i could get these for? Is there anywere else that sells them?

Cheers
Chris

If you manage to find them cheaper just let me know as we offer a price match/beat service.

Damian @ DPM Performance

How would Sport shocks work/survive with H&R 50mm or Eiback Sportlines??
The Sports shocks having done 50k miles.

how much lower is the s-line setup than standard?

im wanting to drop mine but have always been weary about shorter springs on standard shocks due to compression rates etc. but if the s-line is already lower im guessing the shocks can handle shorter springs a bit better?

Nath i know your going to hate me... but i CBA with coils anymore! :ninja::laugh:

S-Line is around 20mm lower then standard.

You should be ok but you would get a better ride quality if you changed the dampers as well. You could always put the springs on then change the dampers at a later date if needed.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Does anybody else have reviews on the JOM Coilovers? I know there cheap, but am i not better getting them than spending £150 n springs to go with standard port shocks Surely the JOM Coilover kit would be a better ride? Also probs last a bit longer too?

What is the lowest I can go with audi a3? or what is best 5mm or 40mm or 30mm ?