AP Coilovers Anyone?

L80EWY

Reaction score
Has anyone got a set of AP Coilovers, Ive just bought a set from Venom off ebay..
these ones..AP Coilovers - Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDi/2.0TFSi (55mm Strut) on eBay (end time 09-May-11 11:39:05 BST)

I got the backs fitted fine, but now ive come to the fronts and this is what ive been faced with
r70fi9.jpg

The mechanic has told me these are impossible to fit as the locking tag on the coilover is too far up.

Ive emailed venom and they have said there getting onto AP about it but it doesnt seem like much is getting done. So im basically driving around with a car only lowered on the back which surely isnt legal..

So is he saying the tag fouls the bolt ? I cant see why it would matter as long as the strut slides in and you can get the bolt in ..?

something to do with drop links? or am i off topic

I have these exact coilovers on my a3 and there were no issues installing them. I didn't compare them to the original setup so I never came across this issue, they just fitted. I ended up getting my mechanic to fit them as I royally f'd them up and he didn't have any issues.

Sorry not much help other than saying they should fit

It's a mechanic friend who told me they won't fit. Could you check if your locking tag is actuall resting where the strut slots into for me please? He told me if you pushed the strut all the way through until
It reached the locking tag the bottom off the strut would
Rub on the driveshaft..

I'm taking the wheel off on Saturday for a clean before edition so will check then if you haven't sorted it by then. Hope someone can help quicker

ive got v-maxx coilies on mine and cant remmember the tag being that far up the strut but i didnt compaire them to the originals either i just fitted them

I had vmaxx on mine and they went on fine but the tags higher on these AP ones. I've spoke to AP now and
They've said it doesn't matter where the locking tag is..