A3 2.0 tdi 8p, 30 - 40mm lowering springs on standard sport shocks?

chrisy t

Reaction score
Hi guys, im looking at lowering my ride and wondered can i put 30 - 40mm lowering springs on my standard sport shocks? Will the ride be realy rough? Are Apex springs any good? I just want the car to look good and the ride not be too harsh. I didnt realy want to spend a fortune. I was maybe thinking of the s line suspension set up. Would i even notice much of a difference? Any help on this would be great.

Cheers

Chrisy t

I too would like to know, if h&r lowering spring are a good idea on standard sport shocks?

H&R are a firm spring so I opted against them.
I've just lowered my Sport with Eibach Sportlines (50mm front / 40mm rear).
So far so good.

The ride is a little firmer over big bumps, but over smaller holes/bumps/etc it is the same as my Sport.
There is a massive difference to braking/accelerating/cornering. Its s so so much better than the Sport springs.

So far my Sport shocks seem to be handling the drop well. But how long they will last I'm not sure.

Basically, sport shocks will be fine with a 40-50mm drop for a while (i.e. they won't bottom out). They will probably wear quickly though and need an upgrade after a while.

I've read about people running them for 10k miles without problem.

ads you car looks mean on you sig love the big fives

It'll wear your shocks more quickly and after a thousand or so miles the ride and damping control will deteriorate a lot, I've just been t0o lazy to change mine, but going to ASAP.