Audi A3 2012 or 2013?

davesco

Reaction score
I had the impression Audi will produce a REDESIGNED A3 2012 for the usa market with delivery in late August/early September 2011 and now I see on the net sketches for a A3 2013!! model which really looks REDESIGNED. ?

New Audi A3 to go electric and hybrid
Monday, April 11, 2011

• Full electric, plus plug-in and hybrid versions
  • 3-, 4- and 5-door versions plus cabrio
  • On sale early 2012
Next year’s all-new Audi A3 will have up to six power sources and four bodystyles.

Joining new versions of the three-door hatch, five-door sportback and two-door cabrio will be a new four-door saloon that's very similar to the A3 concept car shown at this year's Geneva motor show.

According to Audi's design boss, Stefan Sielaff, all A3 versions will have slightly different design details: ‘Three-door cars will be more compact and sharper in design, while the four-door will have different dimensions and detailing around the car – it’ll be a sporty, peppy design with a sexy back end!’

More angular look
As our design sketches show, the new A3s have a more angular look, featuring what Sielaff describes as a strong ‘tornado line’ running along the shoulders of the cars from front to back.

To improve space in the four-door A3, it will be 130mm longer than the three-door hatch, and wider, too.

Premium interior
Inside, Audi is promising a new premium standard in the A3, with a slim monitor sitting on top of the dashboard.
The latest version of Audi’s MMI controller system will debut in the A3, featuring a ‘touch wheel’ – a rotary controller that also acts as a touch-pad for drivers to ‘write’ numbers and letters on – and a reduced number of buttons. The touch-pad system can already be found on A6, A7 and A8 models. Internet connection with Google maps and other features will also be available in the A3.

The new A3 will have advanced TDI diesel and TFSI petrol engines, all featuring engine stop-start and brake energy regeneration, which will boost efficiency by up to 20%.

Hybrid and electric versions coming
The A3 has also been engineered with future engine technology in mind. Audi’s engineering chief, Michael ****, has confirmed that there’ll be a full electric version similar to the A3 e-tron concept car, while hybrid and plug-in hybrid versions will also be available. Michael **** said that Audi was even looking at a version of the A3 to be powered by natural gas.

The new A3 will make its debut at September’s Frankfurt motor show and go on sale, initially in three-door form, in the UK in the early part of 2012.

We were all under the impression that Audi would release the New redesigned A3 at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2011. It now seems that this may not be until the Geneva Motor Show in March 2013. We will only know for sure just before the Frankfurt Show and probably not until the Press Day on Thursday 15 September. This will be for the 3-door hatchback and 5-door hatchback with the Cabriolet and Saloon (Sedan) following sometime after that. The Sedan version will be aimed mainly at the US market but will be sold in Europe as well.

The new A3 will make its debut at September’s Frankfurt motor show and go on sale, initially in three-door form, in the UK in the early part of 2012.

Personally I do hope it's the released at the Frankfurt Show in September 2011 rather than the Geneva Show in March 2012 as I will be on holiday in Germany in September 2011 and intend to visit the Frankfurt Show.

Personally I do hope it's the released at the Frankfurt Show in September 2011 rather than the Geneva Show in March 2012 as I will be on holiday in Germany in September 2011 and intend to visit the Frankfurt Show.

Same making a special trip over with the old man for the motor show.