JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

8P2 front bumper conversion question

Ive read that you need to replace the bar behind the front bumper when going from an 8p1 to an 8p2

is this the 1 i will need?

AUDI A3 2.0 TDI FRONT BUMPER BAR S LINE SPORT 03-2008 | eBay UK

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    only if you go for s3 conversion but then you can cut small sizes on bothsides, but if you go for S-line then you dont need to. there are few threads that explains this look at Sara's A3 conversion thread
    A3 8P 2.0TDI 140 Sport | Blue | Full Leather Heated Seat | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | | Nav | Xenons |
    Mods | 18" Rotiform Staggered | Tinted Windows | S3 Spoiler | 2009 S-Line t Rear | Front Chin Spoiler | Wind Deflectors | Re-Map |
    | MY11 Lights | S3 Side Skirts | Private Number Plate | Milltek Exhaust | S Line Gear knob

2nd Gear

Status
    Conversion from pre-facelift double grill bumper to facelift S-line bumper

According to this thread the bit has to be changed for an s-line bumper?

2nd Gear

Status
    you can also cut the edges of that so you dont need to change it at all

check the thread below and see if it helps

Single Grill Conversion Done....V6 S3 Hybrid!!! pic heavy=
    A3 8P 2.0TDI 140 Sport | Blue | Full Leather Heated Seat | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | | Nav | Xenons |
    Mods | 18" Rotiform Staggered | Tinted Windows | S3 Spoiler | 2009 S-Line t Rear | Front Chin Spoiler | Wind Deflectors | Re-Map |
    | MY11 Lights | S3 Side Skirts | Private Number Plate | Milltek Exhaust | S Line Gear knob

4th Gear

Status
    I converted to sline and never modified the bar at all
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

6th Gear

Status
    As said your only suppose to change the bar if you do the S3 conversion. If your doing the s-line conversion you dont need to change it
    Get some photo up once you done it
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Ahhh see, i'm all confused again!

This is what I thought:

8P1 --> 8P2 standard/sport = no need for new bar or to modify existing bar.
    8P1 --> 8P2 s-line/S3 = need a new bar or to modify existing bar.
    8P2 standard/sport --> 8P2 s-line = no need for new bar or to modify existing bar.
    8P2 standard/sport --> 8P2 S3 = need a new bar or to modify existing bar.

2nd Gear

Status
    thats what it is aythreee

8P1 --> 8P2 standard/sport = no need for new bar or to modify existing bar.
    8P1 --> 8P2 s-line = no need for new bar or to modify existing bar.
    8P2 standard/sport --> 8P2 s-line = no need for new bar or to modify existing bar.
    8P2 standard/sport --> 8P2 S3 = need a new bar or to modify existing bar.

sorry i forgot to past it.

only if your going for an S3 conversion you need to change or modify the existing bar.... for all 8P1 and 8P2
    Last edited by AudiMafia; 10th April 2011 at 20:42.

2nd Gear

Status
    you told me in post 2 that i dont need a new bar but the list you say is correct says i do!!

2nd Gear

Status
    sorry Roston, forgot to past what i copied...

If you have 8P1 or 8P2 sport or s-line and you want to go for S3 conversiont then you have to modify the existing bar
    If you are going from 8P1 sport/standard to 8P2 sport/standart no need to modify esxisting bar
    If you are going from 8P1 sport/standard to 8P2 s-line no need to modify esxisting bar

hope this is clears

2nd Gear

Status
    fantastic! mine is an 8p1 sport and im going to the 8p2 s-line! :-)

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    I've just checked ETKA and there is one reinforcement bar for the 8P1 (8p0 807 113 B) and two for the 8P2 (8p0 807 113 B and 8p0 807 113 D).

ETKA doesn't say if 8p0 807 113 D is for an S3, but it does give a model code of PR-2JU, which I've seen elsewhere as being the code for the S3.

So as said by the rest, it pretty much confirms that the only time you need to change your bar is if you go for an S3 bumper.

Wonder why mattandrew (thread linked to above) changed his bar when going from 8P1 to 8P2 s-line??? Maybe he'd been reading the same threads/info that i'd seen saying that you need to change it for s-line bumpers too.