New to Forums and S3s

McG37

Reaction score
Hi,

Great forums here, I have spent about 4 hours reading as many posts as I can and now have realised a few things about my "want haves" for my S3.

Can I ask for comment of a purchase I am thinking of making?

It is a 2007 AUDI S3 QUATTRO FULL LEATHER BLUETOOTH SUNROOF with 54k it is a trader buy as PX asking price £16,985.

Now all it is missing for me is the flat bottomed wheel, bose and sat nav. After reading these forums it seems the nav is an easy upgrade the bose is not really a big miss.

Many Thanks. (also hope right place to post)

I would be very sad if you take away my Bose. It is of very fine quality.

To be honest mate that's possibly a few grands worth of retrofitted options so if they are important to you, you should bear that in mind when pricing up your initial purchase.

If it helps I sold mine last week, 57 plate, Sprint blue, 34K miles, fully loaded, mint condition, pretty much everything except buckets and a lovely set of BBS CHs.

I took 16.5K for it but at a low point NEARLY let it go for 16K!
It was for sale for 3 weeks too so didnt exactly fly of the drive neither.

There are gazillions of S3s for sale at the minute and with 54K miles I personally think its pricey.

The only cars that seem to be acheiving top money are those with buckets, (people seem to will pay at least 1K premium for these), and/or 1 owner pampered teeny miles cars. 2 guys on another forum sold theirs recently for more than mine BUT they fell into the categories described.

If the car you have seen is a good un then be sure to squeeze the price, without seeing the ad and assuming it doents have buckets then IMO its a 16K car at the very most. In fact if you have to retrofit RNSE and FBMFSW it makes it a 18K car to get it how you want it which is wacky money TBH.

Be patient , keep looking and good luck. I spent 4 month looking at lightly used stuff (2008) before I bough mine and pleased I did. It was exactly what I wanted and kept it for 3 years as a result .

Cheers

Paul

PS - You really want BOSE too, I thought it was excellent for a factory setup.

Yep, seems pricey. Mine went last month for £16,600. December 57 plate, 41k on the clock and all the common options

Cheers for the quick responses, some good things to read. Looks like I should be patient and just wait for one with all the options i would like.

I think in the ideal world I would really want just like you sold PaulAr... Bose/RNS-E/Leather and with the additional flat bottomed wheel.

BOSE is a must, to retrofit FBMFSW your talking 5-600, ro retrofit an RSN-E your looking around £500, 8-900 if it's the latest model with media button.

as already said that is a bit pricey , you will get a better spec s3 with fewer miles if you are patient , i sold mine for £17500 with lots of goodies and only 40k miles . be aware there are alot of crappy s3,s that have been hammered ! !
and at that age make sure the cam belt , clutch and brakes have been changed if required or that will a big bill at the garage

Being new to these cars I thought I would get an opinion here on one I have found on autotrader.

2007 AUDI S3 S3 Quattro 3dr Hatchback

My question is with all the work on the facelift does that make it more or less desireable? Thanks.

Being new to these cars I thought I would get an opinion here on one I have found on autotrader.

2007 AUDI S3 S3 Quattro 3dr Hatchback

My question is with all the work on the facelift does that make it more or less desireable? Thanks.

I wouldn't say that it's any more desireable,and it also doesn't have the bucket seats,which do add some value.

As has already been said,there are plenty of S3s around,and whilst the prices are quite solid,there should be good room for bargaining.

For whatever reason,the owne of that car has changed the front end for minor cosmetic gain,added RNSE and so on,plus those hideous wheels.....it's almost got hints of "Pimp my Ride" going on.

Have to agree with you on the wheels they really dont look good.

Have to agree with you on the wheels they really dont look good.

I'd be less concerned about the wheels than why the owner has planted a facelift front onto it,and all of the other bits and pieces,and what else may have been done(although the engine currently looks standard).

There are plenty of good,unhacked models around,and also a number of good,well looked after modified ones,if that's what you'd want.

Last edited:
I'd be less concerned about the wheels than why the owner has planted a facelift front onto it

thats what id be thinking... was it just because they preferred it or was it in a bit of a smash so he felt like a change?

thats what id be thinking... was it just because they preferred it or was it in a bit of a smash so he felt like a change?

Totally....it's a lot of money for basically getting a set of DRL LED's,and not a whole lot else,so despite the description of "never been damaged",it does make you wonder.

for me getting that would be a bit of a punt and a leap of faith... and personally i prefer the pre-face lift front anyway lol
i i was getting it id try and do some digging, hpi check, rac inspection, tho if they would pull anything up in debatable

I really like those wheels from the BE cars - suit Ibis really well IMO. I suspect they will get more poular when the RS3 hits the streets.

Cheers for the replies guys.

And if anyone sees any nice clean white or black S3's with BOSE as a minimum please pm me. Around the 16k-17k (depending on spec).

Last edited:
Well I have found a local one sold from Audi direct

2007 Audi S3 1984 cc 2.0 T FSI quattro 265 PS

Managed to get the price slightly lowered, going to look today. I am part exchanging thats why looking at trade cars.

still pretty expensive in comparison to what others have recently sold for... but then again as mentioned you are going trade so you can part ex, bound to be more money... Pauls S3 was what i call a "minter!" and even better spec than that one and went for quite a bit less.. Trade will have its say unfortunately...