Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

RNS-E and SDHC that work!

Could some of you guys recommend 32GB SDHC cards that definitely work in an RNS-E Mk2

I bought a 32gb Kingston Class 6 off amazon and it just comes up as 'Data Corrupted' - I have tried formatting it in a few machines and different OSes but still no joy

Before I waste anymore money I was hoping someone could recommend something they are using and which definitely works

Cheers

H

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Im probably wrong but I thought I read before that the total was 32GB, as in two 16GB cards, one in each slot totaling 32GB?

Neutral

Status
    How old is the car mate? Not sure what year the RNS-E changed but up to a certain point only SD is compatible.

Reverse Gear

Status
    The car is an MY11 BE and the RNS-E is a retrofitted Mk2 (the one with the media button)

I am pretty sure it takes 2 x 32GB

I have seen a thread where someone has a 32gb Kingston class 4 that works so I am bit puzzled why the 32Gb Kingston Class 6 doesn't - I am wondering whether it is a fake (though I got it through amazon)

6th Gear

Status
    You are formatting the card as FAT32 and not NTFS?
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Best to use a class 10 tbh, storage options works fine, just awaiting a class 10 from another supplier to test.

Just be aware, there are allot of counterfeits out there, they are labelled as kingston, class etc, but are infact a much lesser version & not the capacity stated.

Max is 32GB per slot, not across the slots, so 64GB in total.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    yes formatted as FAT32 - tried it on various platforms - Windows 7 / Win XP via Parallels Desktop on a Mac and also Windows 7 on my laptop. Going to try Win XP at work but not expecting any joy. It appears fine on the OS but just does work in the RNS-E

I bought the kingston from amazon but I had heard there are a lot of counterfeits about so going to try a class 10 from a reputable supplier.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    If you hold of for few more days I may have an answer.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    thats sounds like a very good idea - I will wait and see how you get on

Reverse Gear

Status
    I've used Transcend brand 32gb class 10 from Amazon uk, they work fine in two mk2 RNSEs I've tried them in, formatting them FAT32 in Windows 7 x64

Reverse Gear

Status
    Will give one of them a whirl. Managed to pick up a Kingston 32GB class 10 and that works but they aren't cheap