Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

rebuilding a a3 - please help choosing a F and R bumper, girlle and lights.

hello, I just got my 2008 A3 2.0T and need to replace the bumpers, the grills, and the lights.
    I am figured that I might as well bring it up a notch from the stock look. Can you please suggest what to get and how to go about it. I am was curious if it is possible to put on it the S-line, lifted bumper and how much would that be and what else is needed so it looks good. thanks!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    2008 is ambiguous

are the side indicators on the wings (MY08/8P2) or in the wing mirrors (MY09/8P3)?
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

Reverse Gear

Status
    the mirrors don't have blinkers in them and the manufacturing date is 07/2007, does it make it 8P2?
    Please help me decide, I want to get it done for the summer

4th Gear

Status
    You could easily do an sline rep. Just need the front bumper and grill tbh. Rear bumper and spoiler I will be selling my s line front bumper soon.
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

6th Gear

Status
    ok well i depends what you're replacing your old ones for. your thread title says "rebuilding" so i can only imagine you've got a Cat D car or something, and you want to put it back on the road.

of that's the case, i'd consider an 8P3 facelift, but it's not a small undertaking.

you'll need:

bonnet
    wings
    bumper
    grille
    headlamps
    front slam panel
    bonnet hinges
    lock carrier
    fog lights
    fog light grilles
    facelift wing mirrors with indicators in them
    new door modules
    rear bumper
    rear bumper diffuser
    (spoiler)
    (alloys)

then there'll be a whole heap of painting and coding to do!
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

Reverse Gear

Status
    hehehe sub98h, thanks for a thorough recommendation but that is way too much than I want to do to it, I live in the city and do not want to spend a fortune on the car just see some idiot ruin it after one week.
    I really only want to upgrade the parts that are damaged now: the front bumper, grille, the rear bumper and headlamps. So I found a new S-Line bumper for around $400 from piedmontbumpers.com.
    @Rusko25:
    so I CAN install the S-line bumper on my non-s A3 without a problem - I don't need any side skirts, etc?
    Can I install the original foglights on it?
    As for headlamps, I like the ones with LEDs which are available on Ebay for $300 a pair, which is same as the stock ones!!! Are they gonna last though?
    Last edited by A3RESSURECTION; 17th April 2011 at 22:24.

4th Gear

Status
    Look at my conversion thread mate. It's easy
    Audi S3 8P2 Silver
    BI-Xenons - FBMFSW - Rain/Light Pack - Auto dim package - iPod Integration - 2011 Nav - Electric Folding Mirrors - Rear Park Sensors - Full Heated Leather - BOSE - Privacy Windows - 2011 Console Conversion - My11 Rear Lights - RevD Diverter - Forge DMV14T BOV - ITG Maxogen CAI - BBS CH 18s

Reverse Gear

Status
    I am looking Russo but where is it, can you post the link please?

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    I bought my S-Line front bumper off ebay for 60 and the rear with parking sensor holes and brackets for another 60! Had it resprayed and fitted with the holes for my washer jets for just over 200... shop around you will get a decent price.

other than that you will need the fogs, and fog grills and the main grill which you should be able to get within another 200
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread