Sat Nav Advice - Mounting

mrash

Reaction score
I am considering a vent mount for a sat nav that i am going to buy, rather than on the windscreen. I am looking at the tomtom 120 live, but it has a "built in" screen mount. Are there any vent mounts for the A3? I am also looking at the navigon, as i have had a 4350 max for 2 years and its been the best nav ive had, so considering replacing it with the 40 premium live. Either way, I would prefer not to have it mounted on the screen. Options/opinions please?:thumbsup:

In the nicest way possible mate your going to have a load of RNS-e comment in here lol

brodit.se

You buy in two parts - one is vehicle specific, and the other is gadget specific, and they clip together

I have a TomTom unit mounted on a Brodit bracket, although mine is a right-angled metal bracket provided by the installer when they installed it into one of my earlier A3s. I have transferred it and made the wiring connection to the radio wiring on all my subsequent A3s.

Here is a photo during fitting...
Brodit Mount

as Smoothie has alluded to - get RNS-E.

as Smoothie has alluded to - get RNS-E.

But how do you keep the Speed Camera database up to date - I use the PGPSW database and this is updated at least once a month, sometimes more.

Uhhhh dont speed :p

Where you been hiding Davey boy?

But how does that keep the database up to date!. It may well stop you getting fined although I see in this mornings papers you can go up to 86 in a 70 zone before you will get a fine and points, but you have to agree to go on a 'speed awareness' course at £100 a time. Now the police cannot make money from speed cameras they have come up with a new idea to help the funds.

Where have I been! - not seen a lot on the forum worth commenting about. Perhaps when the NEW A3 comes out.....
Still hoping I will get to you it when I visit the German Motor Show in September.

I see in this mornings papers you can go up to 86 in a 70 zone before you will get a fine and points, but you have to agree to go on a 'speed awareness' course at £100 a time. Now the police cannot make money from speed cameras they have come up with a new idea to help the funds.

Where have I been! - not seen a lot on the forum worth commenting about. Perhaps when the NEW A3 comes out.....
Still hoping I will get to you it when I visit the German Motor Show in September.

Huh, come again, you can go 86 in a 70 if you do a course or if you get caught you have to go on a course?

Damn if means I can do 86 legally in 70 then I'll pay £100 as it would certainly be worthwhile to stick fingers up at the Police when they pull me :p

Well give me a shout mate, should still be warm that time of year.

Huh, come again, you can go 86 in a 70 if you do a course or if you get caught you have to go on a course?

Damn if means I can do 86 legally in 70 then I'll pay £100 as it would certainly be worthwhile to stick fingers up at the Police when they pull me :p

Well give me a shout mate, should still be warm that time of year.

No it means that if you get caught doing uo to 86 in a 70 zone you can avoid the £60 file and the points on your licence if you agree to go on a 'Speed Awareness' course. Might be worth it for the experience. I did an Advanced Driving Course with the Police maby years ago that was paid for by the County Coucil I used to work because I had to drive as part of mt job. It was great fun. No doubt this would be more classroom than practical.