Vehicle work history

DaveA3-TDI

Reaction score
Just recently purchased a 2007 170 A3 and want to know how I can get a history from Audi for my car. The service book is all stamped up to date but I want to try and find out if the car has had any warranty work done or parts replaced by the previous owner.

Should I phone Audi Uk or the dealer that last serviced it? Is this the only way of getting the cars history.

thanks in advance

i would have thought you need to contact the dealer where all the work has been done

If you go into any Audi dealer (parts dept. ) and ask for a print out of the details they hold on computer they will give you a print out. Well Leeds Audi did for me !

This will identify all the work (and warranty work) that has been carried out by any Audi dealer.

If the book has been stamped by another garage which is not an Audi dealer then you can only ask them !

Will have to try the parts department as spoken to Audi Uk who say they don't hold any detailed information about repair work etc and the dealer who has carried out work won't give me the information because of Data protection as I wasn't the owner of the car at the time. I'm not asking for the previous owners details!!!

Just depends who you are luckily/unluckily enough to speak to. I asked the question to my local dealers (even though the car had never been there) and they gave me a print out of all past receipts. It only went back a couple of years because of a system change, but was still very helpful.

There also used to be a member on here who works for audi who would provide your car's dealer history if you PM'd him your reg number. His name was frenchie or something. Haven't seen him about for yonks though.