Advice on rear wiper removal

Sam Dawson

Reaction score
Hi all.
Could anyone give me any advice on how to remove rear wiper?
Also what do I have to do with the washer pipe? Anyway to close it off?

Thanks.

You can disable it in VagCom, but i would plug it anyway with a plumbers screw or something

Sorry should have said as removal goes, take the trim off inside bootlid! The metal clips here are very strong so don't be afraid to use a bit of force lol Once thats off you want to take the cap off the wiper and twist the wiper arm off, easier said than done mind but i think i heard there is a special tool to do this, i just twisted mine back and forth and it eventually came loose! Last un-do the bolts holding on the wiper motor, plug the hole and re-fit the trim!

Have you got a grommet to plug the hole?

Cheers smoothie. Yes I bought one of the gromets of a german site.

Cheers smoothie. Yes I bought one of the gromets of a german site.

The fitted ones? Thats what i have:

Dub-Shed8.jpg

Yes off a site called gecleant. Ordered the adhesive with it aswel.

Sorry should have said as removal goes, take the trim off inside bootlid! The metal clips here are very strong so don't be afraid to use a bit of force lol Once thats off you want to take the cap off the wiper and twist the wiper arm off, easier said than done mind but i think i heard there is a special tool to do this, i just twisted mine back and forth and it eventually came loose! Last un-do the bolts holding on the wiper motor, plug the hole and re-fit the trim!

Have you got a grommet to plug the hole?

Don't forget the two torx screws that are in the handle recess! and I also found this to be the best way of removing the arm if it's not playing ball

Halfords | Laser Ball Joint Separator Cup

I know it's a tenner, but it's off in seconds and saves you potentially firking things up with brut force

Every time I've de wipered, I've just popped the hose off the pump in the washer bottle. Saves the boot filling up if you hit it by accident ;)

Good thinking Adam, like it! :icon_thumright:

Cheers Von, i may purchase that when i get round to the removal.

I am in need of a bit of advice with the wiper removal...
I have taken the boot trim off with no dramas. Cant seem to take the cap of the wiper or twist the wiper arm so it becomes loose.
Is there anthing i need to unbolt regarding the wiper motor? I see there are 3 bolts holding the motor together. Do i take them off and take off the motor?

Mine wouldn't budge but a little ten quid wiper removal tool and some mole grips on the handle it soon gave in but with a bang covering my
face in WD40 lol!

Well worth getting a tool for it in my opinion

Yeh I think I will get the tool as it isn't budging at all. The blade spring has bent, so that is loose.
Getting the tool seems the safer option I think!!