AH FabricationsChris Nott
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Farhan

Thread: Loving It!!

Neutral

Status

Smile Loving It!!

After coming from an R35 GTR to and S3 sportback black edition s-tronic of course you're going to be conerned about the difference in performance.

I must say how impressed I am with how punchy the engine is and the whole general feel of the car. It does put a smile on your face.

The car has only done 250 miles and wondered when the car will loosen up even more and when you would recommend after how many miles I should put the Revo map on?

Cheers, Ramos

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Good to hear Ramos Glad your enjoying it. I think most people wait till 1000 miles when the engine been bedded in. Sure some of the S3 guys will be along soon
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

events moderator

Status
    wow gtr is a nice car also but in my opinion the audi wins sure its not as fast its only got half the hp of the nissan but german build quality is world renowned good move , as ash said i would wait for at least a 1000 miles if not a little longer so the engine is run in properly
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

4th Gear

Status
    That's the second person I've seen come from a gtr to s3. Audi must be doing something right or Nissan something wrong!! Running costs have probably halved!
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Why Revo?

6th Gear

Status
    i agree, would give it a good 1000miles for everything to bed in before you start upping the power
    also agree with N8 Revo aint the only tuners worth looking at, plenty other that are rated on here!
    Factory: Phantom Black S3, BOSE, RNS-E, Adaptive Lights, Interior Lights, Auto Lights

Added: Evolve Stage 2 Map, Evoms CAI, Milltek TBE Non-res With Special Tips Now At 360bhp & 385lb/ft, VWR 4 pots, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers, Sachs Clutch, '09 Rear Clusters, Pressed Metal Plates, TT Air Vents

To Do list: Now that would be telling

PM me for Weitec & KW coilovers

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by slade777 View Post
    That's the second person I've seen come from a gtr to s3. Audi must be doing something right or Nissan something wrong!! Running costs have probably halved!
    its obvious why lance, audi build a better car full stop lol

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

GTR is epic speed etc for what it is. But you can't beat an Audi cabin

events moderator

Status
    am i right in thinking that the A3 has got an award winning interior im sure i read it somewhere a while ago

Neutral

Status
    i've had the RS4 before the GTR and the Mrs had a 2.0T quattro (revo), 58 plate ibis whote Coupe TT and now Missano 2.0T A3 Sportback (AMD map) so this is our 5th Audi.

GTR was epic but now i'm going to be dad it was a no brainer for it to go (plus the running costs were high).

I loved the REVO on her first A3 plus it has a solid reputation.

Thanks all for your comments so far!!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Revo isn't as amazing as everyone makes out. But nice to see you on the forum, what a lovely car the RS4 is!

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    oohh you've had some nice cars there!! Good change though! Revo is a good choice, did us well

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

5th Gear

Status
    A nice move, i can see how the S3 really fits the bill on this one its classy, Decent running costs compared to the GTR you pretty much have everything you had in the GTR but just in a smaller package.

4WD, Turbo etc good move
    S3RYE likes this.
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

Neutral

Status
    Thanks guys.

Have any of you been in a GTR?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ramos333 View Post
    Thanks guys.

Have any of you been in a GTR?
    Suprisingly never a friend had one for a very short time, It was a beast. I remember seeing a white one and had a word with the owners....This thing came down sounding like fireworks....ground was shaking he was running an Amuse titanium system...It sounded crazy.

Ah i love jap cars LOL
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

Interior Next!!

Status
    GTR's

am hoping to own one in the future!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

Neutral

Status
    The car is an experiance. I know people expect it to be quick but it really is in a different league.

Nothing ever came close to beating it plus when do you ever get respect from bikes after beating them off the lights :-)

Neutral

Status
    ive driven one a few times, yes agreed the speed is "fast-fast" and is a gem for the money compared to other models which match peroformance.

battery isnt very good though, forever on charge so i hear.

my mate had one but recently sold it for new daytona rs5
    Originally Posted by warren_cox
    The plain and simple facts are 8P's are for people who live with their Mum or have a debt mountain to destabilise the EU, and 8L's are driven by people with low academic standards, who are so tight they reuse old wrapping paper and tippex out and reuse greetings cards every year.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritch7 View Post
    ive driven one a few times, yes agreed the speed is "fast-fast" and is a gem for the money compared to other models which match peroformance.

battery isnt very good though, forever on charge so i hear.

my mate had one but recently sold it for new daytona rs5
    I drove the RS5 and i must say it is very disapointing